Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
3 yr old refuses her glasses

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Nov 09 2017, 8:27 am
My dd got glasses this week. She was soooo excited about them the first day, wore them to school, then came home and has refused since. Yesterday I got her to wear them a bit with some bribes (a jelly bean lol), but then she took them off as soon as she got to school. Today she wouldn’t even put them on!

Any advice?

Thanks!

(Anonymous because I’m asking everyone I know!)

abound

Post Thu, Nov 09 2017, 8:33 am
If you live in Israel there is a store in Givaat Shaul in Yerushalayim that is called Tropique, it is known that kids who refused to wear glasses wear that company (it is made in france). If you are in the US find out who the distributor is. When I was there with my son there were people there from Tel Aviv and Rishon Letzion, it is that worth it!

rgr

Post Thu, Nov 09 2017, 11:42 am
Sounds like you need to get the morah involved. Have her make it exciting for your daughter and her classmates, like a show and tell.

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Nov 09 2017, 12:54 pm
rgr wrote:
Sounds like you need to get the morah involved. Have her make it exciting for your daughter and her classmates, like a show and tell.

So when she first got her glasses, I emailed them the night before asking to do this. I was nervous this is what would happen and I requested that they make this exciting and special for her. I don’t think it happened… I’m going to follow up… (I’m not so happy with her teachers this year in general Sad )

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Nov 09 2017, 12:55 pm
abound wrote:
If you live in Israel there is a store in Givaat Shaul in Yerushalayim that is called Tropique, it is known that kids who refused to wear glasses wear that company (it is made in france). If you are in the US find out who the distributor is. When I was there with my son there were people there from Tel Aviv and Rishon Letzion, it is that worth it!

I’m hoping we will be able to work with what we have (money!) But if I’m stuck I will definitely look into this… Thank you!

Shoshie

Post Thu, Nov 09 2017, 1:48 pm
Order or obtain the book "Fancy Nancy: Spectacular Spectacles." Then go into the classroom and translate the book to the kids while showing them the pictures. If your daughter is in an all girls class, so much the better. Then give each child a pair of shekel store eye glasses, along with stick-on dots, rhinestones, feathers, or whatever else you can find for them to decorate the glasses. Ask the teacher to have all the children wear their glasses, at least to recess or to eat lunch, that day.

Obviously explain the situation to the teacher before you buy anything and ask her if she'll work with you on this one.

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Nov 09 2017, 4:22 pm
Do you know for sure that she is seeing properly with them? If she can't and is uncomfortable seeing with them she might not be able to express that but she just won't wear them. Maybe the rx is not right for her.
Also make sure if they are the correct rx that they were made correctly. I work at an eye doctor office and we get this a lot.

amother
Honeydew

Post Fri, Nov 10 2017, 7:47 am
I’m taking her back to the eye doctor on Monday, I’m hoping it’s a simple fix. Perhaps they are bothering her by her ears because they are too tight or something..
Parent teacher conferences are Monday night so I will speak to her teachers then about the situation and maybe we can re-present the glasses to everyone. Hopefully we’ll find a solution soon!!

Thanks for all the advice Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics