Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Does anyone have Liberty health share insurance?
Previous  1  2

rochelp

Post Fri, Oct 14 2016, 8:57 am
Tx unexpected.. Are you always busy with it?

unexpected

Post Fri, Oct 14 2016, 12:04 pm
No, never. After I had my baby there were some issues with payment but my mw worked with their resolution dept and was very satisfied
Also, the deductible (or AUA) is the portion that you actually pay to the provider, maxing out at 1000$ per couple. When I had a medical issue that landed me in the hospital, I was required to pay the AUA directly to the hospital. However, the hospital was so pleased with their payment (in terms of time passed before payment and amount paid) that they waived the AUA completely!

CHAYA R

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 7:49 pm
Hi how is the health share working for you? I am looking for info might want to join too...any info would be appreciated.

unexpected

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 12:42 am
Still on it, still love it.
Only thing u have to know - u can't use it for the first 60 days, including any pregnancy that arises during that time

CHAYA R

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 1:24 am
Thanks for the info...they didnt accept me since I did bariatric surgery. Any idea if there are similar health sharing companies that would accept?

unexpected

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 10:46 pm
U can try them all and see, but I think liberty is the only one that has "ethical mandates" instead of religious ones

yiddishekup

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 10:55 pm
Yes, there's actually a clause you can sign. I will post it here.

Legal Disclaimer: "My intent for joining Liberty Health Shares is ONLY to have my healthcare paid for in an efficient manner, while assisting others who have similar intention. By joining, I am in no way, shape or form agreeing to any facet or philosophy of the Christian religion or New Testament, nor am I agreeing to the ethical teachings mentioned in the Sharing Guidelines. I shall try, instead, to follow the ethical teachings of the Torah and Talmud to the best of my ability."

#2 Freedom of Religion:
"Meaning that I believe that I have the right to follow my chosen Faith (Judaism), without the Government, other people or even Liberty Health Shares intervening or preventing me from doing so".

The above Legal Disclaimer is property of Yitzchak Isaac Gottesman and may only be used by members using the PriorityLHS.com landing page.

Please send to Lori Mitchell lmitchell@libertyhealthshare.org and ask her to put it with your file.

unexpected

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 11:01 pm
Thnx, but I don't need to sign the clause. We discussed with our Rav and showed him the paperwork and he said it was perfectly fine as there were actually no religious mandates imposed at all.

yiddishekup

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 11:08 pm
Magenta Yenta,

I did my research and it's true that all health share groups generally require you to bargain for the lowest rate, pay the doctor, submit your bills to them, and only then they decide within a certain window if and how much they will reimburse you. But, Liberty Health Share did become popular in frum circles recently because of the growing health ins premiums. And, so it was convenient for the pediatrician's office to actually work with them. There are some doctors offices in Lakewood that accept this so it really mimics reg ins plans in that there's no copay and the Dr gets reimbursed instead of the patient.

From my own experience, I did use it "out of network" for a neurologist and an ENT and I was already reimbursed 100%. On one incident for a general doctor, they are still waiting for more info.

Yes, it is worth it for me to submit bills and "be busy with it" since this comes at a third of the price for Obamacare that we're eligible for. (Think 1200$ Fidelis, the card that most people in my community carry in their pockets for free, minus dental ins, or 1800$ private health care)

OP, any more questions, feel free to ask.

yiddishekup

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 11:11 pm
unexpected wrote:
Thnx, but I don't need to sign the clause. We discussed with our Rav and showed him the paperwork and he said it was perfectly fine as there were actually no religious mandates imposed at all.

We were told the same but our agent shared this with us in case we felt uncomfortable. I just thought I'd put it out there.

iamawesome

Post Tue, Nov 07 2017, 8:11 pm
I'm bumping this up. How happy are you now with your liberty health share? Does it cover from state to state? Does anyone have their children on it? Any feedback and/or addional information would be very much appreciated.

unexpected

Post Sun, Nov 12 2017, 12:07 am
Still have it, still happy with it. I just switched my kids on to it even though they have child health plus, I thought it would be good to have as a back up. I never actually used it for them. I've never used it out of state, although my husband used it in Manhattan and they didn't object to the higher pricing.

hadas15

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 8:04 am
Any one still on liberty? Did they pay the bills? How's it working out for you? Would love to switch to liberty
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics