Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
New areas near Monsey (not chassidish)?
Previous  1  2

monseymom25

Post Sun, Nov 05 2017, 7:02 pm
Dexter Park, pearl river, haverstraw

ez-pass

Post Sun, Nov 05 2017, 7:06 pm
You can pm me in regards to eruv information. The information posted above is not correct

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Nov 05 2017, 7:07 pm
amother wrote:
I doubt it. Wesley Hills is not becoming Chassidish and is a very nice growing community for many years. I don't know of any Chassidim moving to Haverstraw.

Wesley hills is going to be chassidish
Many have bought already....

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Nov 05 2017, 7:16 pm
momX4 wrote:
Im talking about Pomono neighborhood that includes Thiells Mountain. Reality Teams built houses in that neighborhood as well. I have no clue who is buying there.

Pomona over the 202 is very mixed crowd. There is a few shuls, including Lubavitch. I know plenty of people living there that never had any connection to chasidish. I dont believe in labels. They are frum and jewish.

The houses that were built in klinger are a huge mix. There are regular yeshivish...a chassidish family. More modern. Lubavitxh it's all types.

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Nov 05 2017, 9:53 pm
We are in middle of buying on the edge of Suffern, border Montebello. Pushing the outskirts of the yiddishe border so far. My husband will likely have to walk 10-15 minutes to the closest shul. Lots of conservative yidden live around there. For some reason, the area is growing slower than other outskirts/borders of Monsey, but it is much closer driving to the stores and schools than ex. Pomona or New City.
We would love for more frum neighbors to move in Smile whoever is around, is mostly litvish or M.O.

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Nov 06 2017, 4:49 am
amother wrote:
We are in middle of buying on the edge of Suffern, border Montebello. Pushing the outskirts of the yiddishe border so far. My husband will likely have to walk 10-15 minutes to the closest shul. Lots of conservative yidden live around there. For some reason, the area is growing slower than other outskirts/borders of Monsey, but it is much closer driving to the stores and schools than ex. Pomona or New City.
We would love for more frum neighbors to move in Smile whoever is around, is mostly litvish or M.O.

I have driven around Spook Rock and highview in Montebello, but have only seen chasidish private busses there.

Do you live in a different part of Montebello. What are your taxes like?

honeygold

Post Mon, Nov 06 2017, 5:33 am
I live in Pomona on the other side of the 202 right near Palisades exit 13. The community here is very nice. It is a mix of all types, chassidish, lubavitch, litvish,yeshivish, modern orthodox and just plain frum. There is an eruv. Pm me for more information.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Nov 06 2017, 5:53 am
amother wrote:
I have driven around Spook Rock and highview in Montebello, but have only seen chasidish private busses there.

Do you live in a different part of Montebello. What are your taxes like?

Most non chassidish schools do not have private buses, so don't count on the buses for information. We're actually looking into the area. I know of a MO family there, a Litvish one and a modern Chassidish one. (none sebd to chassidish schools). The mix really pulls me. Hope it stays that way

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 12:54 pm
Oh, I would love to speak to you more about this! This is exactly the kind of thing we’re looking for. Alas, we’re both anon Wink

amother wrote:

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 12:55 pm
Yes, the mix sounds really nice! Would love to hear more..

amother wrote:
Most non chassidish schools do not have private buses, so don't count on the buses for information. We're actually looking into the area. I know of a MO family there, a Litvish one and a modern Chassidish one. (none sebd to chassidish schools). The mix really pulls me. Hope it stays that way

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 12:59 pm
So are you still north of the freeway?

amother wrote:

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 1:44 pm
momX4 wrote:
its called Up the Hill. They used to have a website, it seems to be gone. Its the streets between Hemstead road and the 45, not exactly across from New square,

I have a relative who just bought in this area. Houses are generally less expensive than elsewhere in Monsey [in the $400's (split level and high ranches) and low $500's (colonials and some high ranches)]. There are about 50 frum families- some more modern (Ashar) and some more yeshivish or in between. Age of most homeowners appear to be in their 30's for the most part. Not a lot of kids in the high teen age range yet.

There is a minyan in the Pine Valley Nursing Home as well as on Landau St which they are now making an official shul. It looks like Rabbi Staum (currently Rabbi of Young Israel of New Hemstead) will be the Rabbi there.

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 1:46 pm
I read the subject as ''new arrest near monsey (not chasidish)'' and I got curious. Then I realized my eyes had misled me.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating