Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Songs that Get Stuck In Your Head
1  2  3  4  5  Next

Boca00

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 4:12 pm
So I was in a department store yesterday, and they were playing this song "This is Gonna Be the Best Day of My Life, My L-I-I-I-I-fe" and I could not get it out of my head!

Certain songs just tend to stick in my head. Aside from that one, other songs I can't listen to for this reason are Gad Elbaz's "Hava Nagila" and Maccabeats "Brave" (by Sara Bareilles I think).

What songs get stuck in your head? (You're welcome.)

icebreaker

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 4:14 pm
I went into a store today that was playing X-mas music and they were playing Mariah Carey's All I Want for X-mas is You and I caught myself singing along embarrassed It's been in my head ever since At wits end

seeker

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 4:17 pm
Not quite the same, but I was reviewing chumash with DD today and now all my thoughts are going in that singsong chant. It's getting old really fast. LOL

zaq

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 4:24 pm
It’s called an earworm. How fabulous a word is that?

zaq

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 4:27 pm
The Hallelu—ah Chorus from Handel’s Messiah. I bowdlerized the lyrics.

I think this is one of the Western world’s greatest pieces of choral music ever documented, the Levitical choirs of Solomon’s Temple and King David having left no sheet music for us to peruse.

Last edited by zaq on Mon, Nov 13 2017, 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Boca00

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 4:30 pm
zaq wrote:

I think it's time for a new name.

"Hey, Doc- I've been having earworms ever since my flight to Malaysia." "Quick! Get yourself to the nearest ER!"

crust

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 4:48 pm
zaq wrote:

Thanks for this word zaq.
How is someone that remembers ANY song after hearing it only once called?

shyshira

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 4:54 pm
crust wrote:

musically gifted.

Rutabaga

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 5:00 pm
There's a radio ad for Kars4kids that always gets stuck in my head no matter how quickly I change stations. Even seeing their billboard will make me hear the jingle in my head and it will drive me nuts all day.

mommyla

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 5:20 pm
icebreaker wrote:
I went into a store today that was playing X-mas music and they were playing Mariah Carey's All I Want for X-mas is You and I caught myself singing along embarrassed It's been in my head ever since At wits end

Ohhhh, the Xmas songs are the worst. They'll be in my head for the next couple of months!

ETA: actually, I take that back after seeing Rutabaga's post. Kars-4-Kids is definitely worse than Xmas music. Oy vey.

crust

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 5:27 pm
shyshira wrote:
musically gifted.

Thanks
I am looking for something like earworm. I thought songworm? It seems to have the same meaning as earworm. It defines the song. I need something to define the person that is musically gifted.

relish

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 5:29 pm
I find that most of the time when songs get stuck in my head, there is some meaning to it.

Frozen's let it go- I'm trying to let go of something

I had this song from the show victorious in my head for a while "but I want you, and I just can't get you out of my mind"
When I was feeling obsessed and one track minded

When I'm really trying to do the right thing: "ashes chayil mi yimtza"

"Here I am, once again, feeling lost but now and then, I breath it in to let it go"-victorious. When I'm frustrated that I'm back to square one, and trying to calm down.

When I'm trying to encourage myself through an intense moment: "I'm no ordinary girl, I'm from a deep blue underworld"

"Bilvavi mishkan evne"- when I really want to do the right thing, but it's so hard for me.

I have so many more. My mind and inner world is always singing, but always one or two lines. Ear worms all day.

zaq

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 5:29 pm
crust wrote:

A musical genius with a phonographic memory. Or a six- year-old.

Boca00

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 5:31 pm
relish wrote:
I find that most of the time when songs get stuck in my head, there is some meaning to it.

Frozen's let it go- I'm trying to let go of something

I had this song from the show victorious in my head for a while "but I want you, and I just can't get you out of my mind"
When I was feeling obsessed and one track minded

When I'm really trying to do the right thing: "ashes chayil mi yimtza"

"Here I am, once again, feeling lost but now and then, I breath it in to let it go"-victorious. When I'm frustrated that I'm back to square one, and trying to calm down.

When I'm trying to encourage myself through an intense moment: "I'm no ordinary girl, I'm from a deep blue underworld"

"Bilvavi mishkan evne"- when I really want to do the right thing, but it's so hard for me.

I have so many more. My mind and inner world is always singing, but always one or two lines. Ear worms all day.

Wow, very interesting.

Boca00

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 5:32 pm
I'm curious also if people "share" the same earworms.

zaq

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 5:35 pm
Boca00 wrote:
I'm curious also if people "share" the same earworms.

Yes they can if one person mentions it to another. You can’t infect anyone by just thinking the music, though; you must either sing, whistle or hum it or mention it in conversation.

It’s a very mean thing to do and it doesn’t cure you.

Boca00

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 5:42 pm
zaq wrote:
It’s a very mean thing to do and it doesn’t cure you.

Hmm... So maybe next time someone posts something nasty about my favorite president or psychoanalyzes Chassidim on yet another thread, I'll pull this out of my arsenal...

You may be able to control guns but you can't control this! Twisted Evil

bigsis144

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 5:44 pm
Duck tales! (woo-ooh!)

iyar

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 5:44 pm
This is an illness I've suffered from for ages. Songs get stuck in my head all the time, sometimes for days. At last, I thought, a thread that's all about MY problem. So I jumped in and started to read. I can't think of a worse decision I've made in the last six months.
I absolutely HATE the KarsforKids jingle. I will run across a room faster than a speeding bullet to shut the radio if I sense it's about to begin. Now it's playing in my head on a constant endless loop. I'm having a hard time maintaining the appropriate level of fury at an amother who calls herself "Rutabaga" (how can you be angry at a rutabaga?). I just wanted to let you know, Rutabaga, that you've ruined my evening.
If anyone knows how to get that jingle OUT OF MY BRAIN, please post immediately.

dancingqueen

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 5:46 pm
crust wrote:
Thanks
I am looking for something like earworm. I thought songworm? It seems to have the same meaning as earworm. It defines the song. I need something to define the person that is musically gifted.

You can call them a musical prodigy if you feel that they are.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics