Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Toilet cleaning

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Nov 14 2017, 11:23 am
Anyone successfully gotten rid of discoloration that your regular toilet brush doesn't reach? I'm thinking either put in bleach for a few hours or use a smaller brush, e.g. (ew) a bottle brush that I will then discard (or keep in the bathroom, I guess.)

Hope nobody is too grossed out but the title should have been enough warning.

imasoftov

Post Tue, Nov 14 2017, 11:36 am
amother wrote:
Anyone successfully gotten rid of discoloration that your regular toilet brush doesn't reach? I'm thinking either put in bleach for a few hours or use a smaller brush, e.g. (ew) a bottle brush that I will then discard (or keep in the bathroom, I guess.)

Hope nobody is too grossed out but the title should have been enough warning.

My toilets have a drain that's straight on one side, so there are corners. Really hard to clean.

Also plungers don't fit. Can't wait for someone to invent a self-cleaning toilet. Or maybe a variety of Roomba.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Nov 14 2017, 12:07 pm
I a dealing w/ this now so I'll tell you what I know.

There are cleaning products that are made to remove lime and rust buildup. I bought one in the dollar store and it seems to work. The instructions on the bottle says it works best if you empty the toilet water first. Then pour the cleanser and let sit. After a few minutes it will come off with a brush. I also thought my toilet brush wouldn't fit but if you push very hard, it can get there. Then just move brush back and forth and the buildup will be removed. Repeat the next day to finish. For best results empty the water and let the cleanser sit overnight.

Amarante

Post Tue, Nov 14 2017, 12:16 pm
Nothing worked for me except Kaboom.

I also got a pumice stone from amazon which was amazing for the hard water line.

I also read that Coca Cola works
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry