Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Liberty Health Share in NYC Hospitals

wow

Post Wed, Nov 08 2017, 3:50 pm
I am wondering if anyone ever tried using Liberty Health Share for a hospital procedure / hospital stay / birth etc? What was your experience? Did the hospital agree to bill Liberty Health Share, and did Liberty pay all the charges? Did you have to pay out of pocket for anything?
Please also share which hospital you've experienced it with, if you did.

I would really appreciate hearing feedback on this.

Thank you.

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 9:52 pm
Bump

wow

Post Tue, Nov 14 2017, 8:04 pm
Bump again!

unexpected

Post Tue, Nov 14 2017, 9:35 pm
I've posted about Liberty before. I have used it in hospital (Maimonides) with no problems. They just took the card and billed it like regular insurance. Liberty shelled out 49,000 for a 2 day stay plus emergency room without batting an eyelash.
When I followed up with more expensive drs who worked out of Mt Sinai and Columbia, both were very impressed with the speed at which they were paid
As far as births, I do home birth and Liberty paid more and faster than any other insurance company. They simply asked how much I had agreed to pay and then negotiated that amount with their payment ppl. My midwife was so impressed that she switched herself and family to the plan!

wow

Post Wed, Nov 15 2017, 10:41 am
unexpected wrote:
I've posted about Liberty before. I have used it in hospital (Maimonides) with no problems. They just took the card and billed it like regular insurance. Liberty shelled out 49,000 for a 2 day stay plus emergency room without batting an eyelash.
When I followed up with more expensive drs who worked out of Mt Sinai and Columbia, both were very impressed with the speed at which they were paid
As far as births, I do home birth and Liberty paid more and faster than any other insurance company. They simply asked how much I had agreed to pay and then negotiated that amount with their payment ppl. My midwife was so impressed that she switched herself and family to the plan!

Thanks for responding. My concern was that I would arrive to the hospital, and they would not want to bill Liberty Health Share. I am afraid of having to pay upfront and then need to go to Liberty Health Share for reimbursement, which I've heard they don't always reimburse everything at 100%.

unexpected

Post Wed, Nov 15 2017, 3:39 pm
If you have a planned hospitalization you need to prenotify liberty and if you are nervous about the hospital you can always call ahead and see if they take it. In my case it was an emergency and the hospital didn't ask me any questions until after I was taken care of. They just photocopied my card and the billing department called me about a week later asking how the insurance works. When I told her to bill as if it was regular insurance she was game to try
Please be aware that the first 2 months after you sign on are not covered. This includes any pregnancy that occurs during that time. If a person is already pregnant when she joins, I believe that pregnancy would not be covered. I don't know if the same holds true for other medical events that would extend beyond the first 60 days

wow

Post Wed, Nov 15 2017, 4:37 pm
I reviewed their guidelines on their site and the way I understood it was that pregnancy is a pre-existing condition only if conception occurred before the enrollment date. It does not say anything about conceiving within the first 60 days, as far as I saw.

unexpected

Post Wed, Nov 15 2017, 8:11 pm
Could be I misunderstood. I remember thinking oh now I could get pregnant when my 60 days were up

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Nov 15 2017, 8:39 pm
I spoke to Mount Sinai and they said they never heard of Liberty Health Share.

unexpected

Post Thu, Nov 16 2017, 3:18 am
It is possible they didn't. The dr whom I used worked out of Mt Sinai but he had a separate office and did his own billing. He had also never heard of Liberty but he was intrigued by the idea and willing to try. Would the person you spoke to be willing to try? That's really all you need

wow

Post Thu, Nov 16 2017, 7:26 pm
unexpected wrote:
Could be I misunderstood. I remember thinking oh now I could get pregnant when my 60 days were up

I see in their Sharing Guideline that it says: "For sixty (60) days after Enrollment Date as a Sharing Member,medical expenses for any reason, other than accidents, acute illness or injury, are not eligible for sharing among members."

However, I also see that it says: "For a mother who has been a Sharing Member prior to conception, medical expenses for Maternity are eligible for sharing up to the per incident limit per pregnancy".

So it seems a bit conflicting. I will try to see if I can call them for an explanation.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries