Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Info needed on Baer Miriam seminary

ruby slippers

Post Thu, Nov 16 2017, 5:54 am
Does anyone have information about a seminary called Baer Miriam. Looks nice on paper and the Rav I spoke with really did a good sell, but I don't know anyone who went there etc. nor does my daughter.
I feel like this seminary process is trying to prepare me for the shidduch process- : )

yihyetov

Post Thu, Nov 16 2017, 7:27 am
I went there..but over 10 years ago! 😝 I can try and answer questions...

ruby slippers

Post Thu, Nov 16 2017, 11:32 am
I will pm you- thanks!

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 5:09 pm
Hi,

Anyone familiar with this seminary?
What type of girls go?
Tnx

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 5:51 pm
Yes ik a bunch of ppl that went there
It's a school full of warmth with great teachers and programing but it's meant for sketchy girls and some girls don't keep shabbas. If your daughter is the rebel type, which nothing wrong however that is the type and I don't want you to be misguided and send there if she's not then I would def recommend this or tomer devora, very similar but I think td has somewhat frummer girls, like girls who struggle with shabbas are turned away and recommend to go to BM

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 6:06 pm
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
Yes ik a bunch of ppl that went there
It's a school full of warmth with great teachers and programing but it's meant for sketchy girls and some girls don't keep shabbas. If your daughter is the rebel type, which nothing wrong however that is the type and I don't want you to be misguided and send there if she's not then I would def recommend this or tomer devora, very similar but I think td has somewhat frummer girls, like girls who struggle with shabbas are turned away and recommend to go to BM

I have to admit I don't anything about the seminary in general, but the girls I've met who went there are lovely, growing people. Some from non religious backgrounds.

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 7:18 pm
Thanks for the info.
Just want to clarify that we are talking about the same place, Baer Miriam Seminary in Har Nof, Israel.

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 8:36 pm
Anyone?

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 8:41 pm
It’s for girls who are struggling, it’s a very warm place the girls are happy there and feel accepted and understood.

amother
Red

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 4:42 am
A lot of my HS friends went there. MO background girls mostly not the strongest academically school. Everyone I know that went there really are growing people, and some turned out more yeshivish ) and others more DL Israeli type. Really a huge spectrum but overall very growing girls and every girl seems to be impacted from their sem experience there. If you give more about your background may be able to guide you better.

All in all I would say good school I don’t think the people I personally know that went there were “struggling”
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics