Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Advice about daughters tooth. What is wrong?

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Nov 16 2017, 7:22 am
My 10 yr old daughter is having pain in her back upper tooth. She only has pain when SHE BITES DOWN OR PUTS PRESSURE ON IT. if she doesnt eat with that tooth, there is no pain.

I am going to take her to a dentist but I like to get information before I go. Does anyone know about this or had this experience with this?

I heard it can be s crack, fracture, or infection, but I hope this is not the case.

lavenderchimes

Post Thu, Nov 16 2017, 7:33 am
It could also be a simple cavity.

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Nov 16 2017, 8:04 am
Thanks for replying.
Yeah I thought it may be a cavity but I thought with cavities, the tooth is sensitive to hot or cold. She doesn't have that.

lavenderchimes

Post Thu, Nov 16 2017, 8:19 am
amother wrote:
Thanks for replying.
Yeah I thought it may be a cavity but I thought with cavities, the tooth is sensitive to hot or cold. She doesn't have that.

A cavity can also be pressure sensitive, depending on what stage it is at, etc. There is really no way to know -- until you take her to the dentist.

MyUsername

Post Thu, Nov 16 2017, 3:37 pm
I have had this, it was from grinding my teeth. I got a night guard from the dentist and it went away. So it isn't necessarily something big or scary.

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Nov 16 2017, 3:56 pm
MyUsername wrote:
I have had this, it was from grinding my teeth. I got a night guard from the dentist and it went away. So it isn't necessarily something big or scary.

. thanks for the reply!
Oh my! My daughter did grind her teeth! So you had this pain and it stopped when you stopped grinding your teeth??
My daughter stopped grinding her teeth now, so how long does it take to get better after stopping?

MyUsername

Post Thu, Nov 16 2017, 4:58 pm
amother wrote:
. thanks for the reply!
Oh my! My daughter did grind her teeth! So you had this pain and it stopped when you stopped grinding your teeth??
My daughter stopped grinding her teeth now, so how long does it take to get better after stopping?

The problem was that I also grind them in my sleep without being aware of it. But it went away within a few weeks. You should still obviously get it looked at by a dentist, but if this is the problem, it went away pretty quickly.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics