Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Poldark

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Nov 16 2017, 11:51 pm
Anyone here watching Poldark on PBS? I'm totally hooked. The most recent free episode on pbs.org has really made me appreciate hilchos nidda. Not the harchakos part, but the basics.

pesek zman

Post Fri, Nov 17 2017, 5:40 am
I watched the first 2 and couldn't they into it!

Amarante

Post Fri, Nov 17 2017, 7:17 am
I watched and started reading the books which are a lot of fun because even more historical background which is what I enjoy

amother
Babypink

Post Fri, Nov 17 2017, 8:43 am
I watched but was disappointed how the plot never changes. It's like a soap opera. You skip a few and you still know whats happening.

amother
Jetblack

Post Fri, Nov 17 2017, 8:47 am
Amarante wrote:
I watched and started reading the books which are a lot of fun because even more historical background which is what I enjoy

I started reading the books too; I read the first two and I'm waiting for my library to get book #3. I'm thinking if I should just buy it but I never spend money on books...

Did anyone watch the most recent episode?

Stars

Post Fri, Nov 17 2017, 9:28 am
I watched the first two seasons on Amazon. I loved it because I love anything historical. I loved the script too.

amother
Yellow

Post Fri, Nov 17 2017, 9:35 am
I have to get into this bc I'm obsessed with outlander (I'm a little sad to have to go amother for this but literally I recommend outlander to everyone) it's supposed to be good although I doubt anything tops outlander (the books altho show is great too esp the costumes omg)

amother
Forestgreen

Post Fri, Nov 17 2017, 9:46 am
What a very strange thread for most people to choose to be amother. I'll join in. Love the amazing shots of Cornwall. The scenes with the Reverend are so disgusting that I am traumatized from them. I watched the whole season 3 but I don't know if I can watch season 4 when it comes out unless I find out that he has died or at least become paralyzed below the waist.

Amarante

Post Fri, Nov 17 2017, 10:25 am
Out of curiosity - why amother on this thread?

Not trying to be provocative but genuinely curious since it seems as though this would be a topic completely uncontroversial.

At first I thought perhaps the community one lives in wouldn't approve of one reading secular literature but then I remembered on imamother we are using screen names anyway which are anonymous so why would one be fearful if one's screen identity on imamother was linked to a fondness for Poldark.

I am not anti-amother as I do understand why one would want to be amother on certain threads.

amother
Jetblack

Post Fri, Nov 17 2017, 11:01 am
Amarante wrote:
Out of curiosity - why amother on this thread?

Not trying to be provocative but genuinely curious since it seems as though this would be a topic completely uncontroversial.

At first I thought perhaps the community one lives in wouldn't approve of one reading secular literature but then I remembered on imamother we are using screen names anyway which are anonymous so why would one be fearful if one's screen identity on imamother was linked to a fondness for Poldark.

I am not anti-amother as I do understand why one would want to be amother on certain threads.

You guessed right Smile . I'm from a community where secular media is strongly frowned upon. Some people IRL know my screen name and I'm nervous others could possibly guess it.

amother
Jetblack

Post Fri, Nov 17 2017, 11:02 am
amother wrote:
What a very strange thread for most people to choose to be amother. I'll join in. Love the amazing shots of Cornwall. The scenes with the Reverend are so disgusting that I am traumatized from them. I watched the whole season 3 but I don't know if I can watch season 4 when it comes out unless I find out that he has died or at least become paralyzed below the waist.

I felt sick in my stomach, especially the whole childbirth thing...

amother
Jetblack

Post Fri, Nov 17 2017, 11:09 am
Quote:
In the original novels and the 1975 series, he meets at gruesome end when he is murdered by Rowella's jealous husband.

Just found this on google. This seems appropriate.

Amarante

Post Fri, Nov 17 2017, 11:43 am
amother wrote:
You guessed right Smile . I'm from a community where secular media is strongly frowned upon. Some people IRL know my screen name and I'm nervous others could possibly guess it.

I was going to offer you my digital copies of Poldark. If you have a digital reader and are interested, pm me.

Word of honor, I have no idea who anyone is in real life. Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics