Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Who is the author Ruti Kepler, really?

kidhugger

Post Sun, Nov 19 2017, 3:57 pm
Sorry, if this has been discussed already. I don't know that it has, I just don't join very often. I am so curious. The name must be a pseudonym. Who is this fascinating author, who knows so much about Papua New guinea? Does anyone know who he/she really is?

oliveoil

Post Sun, Nov 19 2017, 9:32 pm
presumably she is using a pseudonym for a reason

cnc

Post Sun, Nov 19 2017, 9:36 pm
What book are you referring to?

yogabird

Post Sun, Nov 19 2017, 9:47 pm
Normal like me in the Mishpacha main magazine

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Nov 19 2017, 9:48 pm
Please dont out her, if you know who she is. As an author, I would be really upset if someone did that to me!

debsey

Post Sun, Nov 19 2017, 11:10 pm
kidhugger wrote:
Sorry, if this has been discussed already. I don't know that it has, I just don't join very often. I am so curious. The name must be a pseudonym. Who is this fascinating author, who knows so much about Papua New guinea? Does anyone know who he/she really is?

There's this thing called Google.

Prior to that, there were these things called books. It's possible to learn about cultures we have not ourselves experienced from these two items.

I doubt she's somehow a native of Papua New Guinea who converted. Most likely, she's a great writer who is also a great researcher.

Really enjoying the serial, btw.

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 2:29 am
She's an Israeli, she does not speak English the story was translated, and her real name is Ruti Kepler.

kidhugger

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 3:37 am
Wow Saphire, thank you! It's so nice to have my curiosity partially satisfied. I love the serial! Now I am wondering who translated it; it's done so well.

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 3:51 am
kidhugger wrote:
Wow Saphire, thank you! It's so nice to have my curiosity partially satisfied. I love the serial! Now I am wondering who translated it; it's done so well.

I actually know who translated it too but I'm not sure if I should post it online

fs

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 4:12 am
I don't post often, but I just have to say that this serial is just so sensational, and yentish. I obviously don't like it, because I think this whole serial is supposed to paint a whole group of people in a negative light. Which just isn't nice for a frum publication.

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 6:04 am
amother wrote:
I actually know who translated it too but I'm not sure if I should post it online

I'm beginning to thinnnnnk that "Sapphire" is the Ruti Kepler!!!! since she seems to know so much about her...

Admit the truth, Sapphire! Smile

And yeah, I really like that serial. But, I do wonder why Mishpacha chose to write a serial on a very controversial subject???? What's their point?
I guess we'll have to wait 'n' see as the serial progresses to an end. A bit too lonnnng a wait for my curiosity... and I sincerely hope that Itzik finds his basherte.

Any shadchantes on this thread???

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 7:53 am
amother wrote:
I'm beginning to thinnnnnk that "Sapphire" is the Ruti Kepler!!!! since she seems to know so much about her...

Admit the truth, Sapphire! Smile

And yeah, I really like that serial. But, I do wonder why Mishpacha chose to write a serial on a very controversial subject???? What's their point?
I guess we'll have to wait 'n' see as the serial progresses to an end. A bit too lonnnng a wait for my curiosity... and I sincerely hope that Itzik finds his basherte.

Any shadchantes on this thread???

Lol Ruti Kepler speaks a minimal English. I actually worked for Mishpacha magazine until pretty recently so that's how I know

cnc

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 8:21 am
I am really enjoying the serial.

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 8:22 am
fs wrote:
I don't post often, but I just have to say that this serial is just so sensational, and yentish. I obviously don't like it, because I think this whole serial is supposed to paint a whole group of people in a negative light. Which just isn't nice for a frum publication.

I really like it. Guess I'm a 'yentish' type...

kidhugger

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 2:37 pm
Isn't Yitzik's bashert Sarah, the main character?

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 8:42 pm
I Know her personally, she is a big author in Israel, she has few books, She is a genius,
I don't read this series, but I know that She comes from a very chashuve family in ger, she is a granddaughter of one of the recent gerrer rebbes, maybe it has something to do with the background of the story.

morningsickness

Post Tue, Nov 21 2017, 9:42 am
She is an Israeli author. She usuaully writes about topics that are considered pretty much "taboo" or contriversial in the Chareidi Israeli community. I think the reason Mishpacha has her write is because the have an agenda of making the Israeli-Chareidi community more open-minded and less judgemental. She has written 2 more serials in the Hebrew Mishpacha
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room