Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
The Black Friday Thread
  Previous  1  2  3 7  8  9 16  17  18  Next

seeker

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 12:17 pm
Anyone who was looking for small appliances (mixers, etc), Kohl's has sprung theirs early and added a 15% off code, making it about $6.xx after rebate. Nothing super quality but I have found the cheap goods very usable for things like hand mixer, popcorn air popper, and mini blender (it's not very powerful but if you're looking for mini, there you go.) And I think the 4-qt crock pot (brand name) is the same price/deal.

seeker

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 12:22 pm
And now I'm looking (black friday or not, but the sooner the better) for any possible discount on the desktop version of MS Office - usually discounts are offered with a new computer purchase but I want a stand-alone purchase.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 12:23 pm
seeker wrote:
Thank you, I just ordered a laptop I was eyeing! Hope it works out for my needs because I didn't take the time to research it. I did call CS and they said the first 30 day return policy is even if you just happen to not like it. So it looks like I'll be test driving a computer soon Very Happy

Really hope so too!

seeker

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 12:44 pm
I'd also love to see a budget-friendly curling iron suitable for touching up a wig. I see sales on hair tools but so far all I'm seeing are either flat or expensive (like used to be very expensive, and now are discounted expensive. Still expensive.) I'd say $25 is probably my limit on this.

yogabird

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 3:25 pm
seeker wrote:
Anyone who was looking for small appliances (mixers, etc), Kohl's has sprung theirs early and added a 15% off code, making it about $6.xx after rebate. Nothing super quality but I have found the cheap goods very usable for things like hand mixer, popcorn air popper, and mini blender (it's not very powerful but if you're looking for mini, there you go.) And I think the 4-qt crock pot (brand name) is the same price/deal.

Do you know if the blender will blend frozen fruit?

Also, in case anyone else was looking for a really good immersion blender, this one is really marked down on amazon right now, and has great reviews. A year ago I got an off-brand one for about half this price, but it's already in the garbage by now so not doing that again...
https://www.amazon.com/Cuisina.....=srch

rgr

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 3:38 pm
yogabird wrote:
Do you know if the blender will blend frozen fruit?

Also, in case anyone else was looking for a really good immersion blender, this one is really marked down on amazon right now, and has great reviews. A year ago I got an off-brand one for about half this price, but it's already in the garbage by now so not doing that again...
https://www.amazon.com/Cuisina.....=srch

I have it. It's not great, but it does if you add enough milk. for that price you can try it out.

Dalia

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 4:21 pm
Seeker, do you mean this? BaByliss PRO® Omni 1.25-Inch Ceramic Styler in Blue
https://www.bedbathandbeyond.c.....46647

ila

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 5:18 pm
New camera better than the one that someone posted already? 120-130$ max?

cnc

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 5:34 pm
seeker wrote:
I'd also love to see a budget-friendly curling iron suitable for touching up a wig. I see sales on hair tools but so far all I'm seeing are either flat or expensive (like used to be very expensive, and now are discounted expensive. Still expensive.) I'd say $25 is probably my limit on this.

http://kollelbudget.com/107819-2/

Lizajen

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 5:36 pm
Anyone see UGGS discounted?

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 6:46 pm
Lizajen wrote:
Anyone see UGGS discounted?

Think I saw that on Nordstrom rack or haute look

ra_mom

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 7:03 pm
I'm looking for a car seat for my 5 year old. Could be a 5 point harness that converts to high back booster. Thanks guys, this thread is great!

L K

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 7:04 pm
Wrapunzel is running 30% off promotion for Wednesday night/midnight to end of Monday.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 7:07 pm
I'm also looking to purchase one of the new Braun immersion blenders for pesach and would greatly appreciate a good price if anyone's seen it on special. Thanks!

seeker

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 7:29 pm
The internet just exploded with BF sales and I think I give up on making heads or tails of anything anymore Hypnotized Hypnotized Hypnotized Time out

Thanks for the links to the hair iron. Any idea if it's good for a sheitel? I'm a little worried that the attached brush would pull at the hair too much, and it doesn't seem to be optional at all. Looks more for real hair but I am a total newbie to wig care so I really wouldn't know.

ra_mom could it be a regular highback booster or do you specifically need a 5-point harness? Because I'm pretty sure I saw a highback booster on sale and could look for it again, and my 5 year old is in one of those.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 7:31 pm
seeker wrote:
The internet just exploded with BF sales and I think I give up on making heads or tails of anything anymore Hypnotized Hypnotized Hypnotized Time out

Thanks for the links to the hair iron. Any idea if it's good for a sheitel? I'm a little worried that the attached brush would pull at the hair too much, and it doesn't seem to be optional at all. Looks more for real hair but I am a total newbie to wig care so I really wouldn't know.

ra_mom could it be a regular highback booster or do you specifically need a 5-point harness? Because I'm pretty sure I saw a highback booster on sale and could look for it again, and my 5 year old is in one of those.

I would consider a high back booster. I was hoping for a 5 point that she could still fit into for a year and then convert to booster but open to all options. Thanks seeker!

I don't know anything about that iron but as someone who's not good with hair but uses an iron on my wig occasionally I wouldn't buy one with a brush.

L K

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 7:44 pm
I've just realized that I need a few things too:

Humidifiers with auto-shutoff option, pref 24-, or at least 12-hour ones.

Good hair dryer

chopper or blender that fits a couple of avocados and such. Once got osterizer but it's not good, unlike their large glass blender

Maryann

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 7:49 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I would consider a high back booster. I was hoping for a 5 point that she could still fit into for a year and then convert to booster but open to all options. Thanks seeker!

I don't know anything about that iron but as someone who's not good with hair but uses an iron on my wig occasionally I wouldn't buy one with a brush.

Why? Bc it pulls hair out if sheital?

amh

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 7:56 pm
I'm also looking for a car seat. Looking for a good deal on the britax boulevard...

OutATowner

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 8:01 pm
Google never ceases to amaze/creep me out. I just got an alert on my phone that the Kohls comforter everyone was talking about went on sale for 25. Just because I clicked on it once. Well, anyway - is that the price you were waiting for? Grab it!
Page 8 of 18   Previous  1  2  3 7  8  9 16  17  18  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains