Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Rat in basement don't know which hole they come in through

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 8:28 pm
We have rats in the basement every so often in holes in wall and ceiling and we cant figure out which hole from outside they are coming in through so exterminating won't help because they will keep coming. How can we figure out the outside location they are coming in through?

subee

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 8:33 pm
Does your sewer line have a cap on it? If not, they can come in through there. An exterminator should still be called. He can probably help you figure this out.

chatz

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 9:13 pm
If it's not one hole, it's another. A good exterminator can definitely help. Stuff up as many holes/cracks you can find with steel wool. Put poison where kids/pets can't reach.

Ignoring the problem will make it worse.

If it's your thing, you can get a cat.

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Nov 21 2017, 3:08 am
[quote="subee"]Does your sewer line have a cap on it? If not, they can come in through there. An exterminator should still be called. He can probably help you figure this out.[/quote

I will find out.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Nov 21 2017, 6:22 am
My old house had the crawlspace underneath completely colonized with rats.

The exterminator showed me how they could dig up to 4 feet UNDER the house to get past the concrete foundation, and then come up inside.

There was nothing we could do about it besides put out poison in safe containers provided by the company. They replaced the poison every month, but the rats kept coming anyway. We finally had to move out.

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Nov 23 2017, 7:32 pm
We found out from someone else that the neighbor whos house is attached to ours on one side has a rat problem, so it's probably coming from there. What to do?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics