Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries
Help for new moms in Lakewood?

strawberry cola

Post Sat, Jun 10 2017, 11:42 pm
Is there any organization that helps new mothers in lakewood? My friend is mother of kah a large family. Help with the younger kids and the house would be a tremendous help and not a luxury. We tried and tried to find her a cleaning lady and got one for a couple of hours on Tuesday and not always available. thanks so much for any leads.

moramom

Post Sat, Jun 10 2017, 11:45 pm
Most of the high schools have girls do chesed hours after school
What specific help does she need?

lkwdlady

Post Sat, Jun 10 2017, 11:51 pm
There is no chessed organization that will come and help unless there is postpartum depression or an illness. There are many cleaning ladies around so keep trying to get her more cleaning help. The cleaning ladies tend to stick with an area and might clean multiple homes in a certain area. Which neighborhood does this person live in? Also there are a lot of high school girls who have to put in chessed hours so try the high school offices (but it's the end of the school yr so they might not be willing..).

strawberry cola

Post Sun, Jun 11 2017, 12:10 am
That's what I was told, that school is over and the girls are taking finals so it will be hard to get someone. She lives on the south side of the 9

strawberry cola

Post Sun, Jun 11 2017, 8:12 am
does anyone else have a suggestion?

lkwdlady

Post Sun, Jun 11 2017, 9:30 am
does she have neighbors? It would be best if she can be part of a "group" in which a cleaning lady goes around from house to house for a few hours at a time. There are cleaning agencies you can call but from my experience if you get the word around the neighborhood almost always someone will call and let you know that the cleaning lady from a certain group has some extra hours. If you are looking for full time help then call one of the agencies (I don't have phone numbers, maybe someone else does). It is also easy to get a baby nurse or a night nurse around here (if you are willing to pay) but she will not help with the other kids or housework.

strawberry cola

Post Mon, Jun 12 2017, 2:27 pm
I asked her what she needs most and she said someone to help with the little kids in the late afternoon/early evening . We would pay $15 an hour for the right person.
Also, I heard that that there is an organization that provides a week or two of lunches for the new mom, but I have no idea how to contact them so we could arrange this for her. Grateful for any leads, thanks again

shirabira

Post Mon, Jun 12 2017, 5:09 pm
Maybe get a live in for a few weeks. I think someone locally has an agency that has Jamaican employees. I like that they speak the language and are often very warm with the kids. 6 days should cost around $465 or so.

shirabira

Post Mon, Jun 12 2017, 5:10 pm
Maybe get a live in for a few weeks. I think someone locally has an agency that has Jamaican employees. I like that they speak the language and are often very warm with the kids. 6 days should cost around $465 or so.

strawberry cola

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 6:49 am
Thank you so much to all who expressed concern and gave great suggestions. Baruch Hashem, my friend was directed to an organization called Em Leah, which helps with various services for one week, which should be a big help.
Wishing everyone many simchas, in good health.

Cmon be nice

Post Tue, Jun 20 2017, 11:14 am
strawberry cola wrote:
Thank you so much to all who expressed concern and gave great suggestions. Baruch Hashem, my friend was directed to an organization called Em Leah, which helps with various services for one week, which should be a big help.
Wishing everyone many simchas, in good health.

I just read about this organization on the Lakewood scoop. Its pretty new which is probably why nobody mentioned it. Im glad that they can give some practical help to new mothers, even for one week.

hardworkingmommy

Post Thu, Nov 23 2017, 4:03 am
strawberry cola wrote:
I asked her what she needs most and she said someone to help with the little kids in the late afternoon/early evening . We would pay $15 an hour for the right person.
Also, I heard that that there is an organization that provides a week or two of lunches for the new mom, but I have no idea how to contact them so we could arrange this for her. Grateful for any leads, thanks again

Anyone know more information about the organization that provides lunch for new moms?

imamazing

Post Thu, Nov 23 2017, 7:19 am
It's called birches menachem. They send lunch ( from bagel nosh etc) for one wk - mon to thurs. Their number is 732 9052947
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries