Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Best healthiest baby formula

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Nov 22 2017, 10:09 pm
My baby gets expressed breast milk via g-tube but in order to add calories the hospital fortified it with Sunrise formula.
I now need to replace this can and was wondering which of the Chalav yisrael formulas would be best and least junky.
She b'H seemed to handle this fine and I've also tried Baby's Only formula which she did well on also for a full feeding- not only fortified.

I think my options are basically:
Sunrise
Babys Only
Kendamil
please give pros/cons

Similac is not really an option as I need a powder based formula and the Ch'Y is only liquid.

Thank you!

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Nov 23 2017, 12:00 am
I tried sunrise and kendamill. So much happier with kendamill, I love it, it has no smell it's so clean and seems so pure, doesn't stain, baby loves it...It's a pleasure to deal with...

loveit

Post Thu, Nov 23 2017, 12:35 am
Formula is heavily regulated so they are all “healthy” it’s more just about whatever formulation your baby accepts the best

amazingmommy

Post Thu, Nov 23 2017, 6:52 am
I had a good experience with babies only. The ingredients are better than other formulas.
I don't know if you are interested, but the soy babies only is non gmo and for some might be a better option than the dairy.

Good luck.

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Nov 23 2017, 7:53 am
I know you want only CY but if you would consider chalav Stam I would recommend a preemie formula as they are higher in calories than regular formulas.
Also, enfamil makes a human milk fortifier (it’s not a formula) that is used in NICU’s. My preemie twins were on human milk fortifier and preemie formula in the nicu.

SuperWify

Post Thu, Nov 23 2017, 8:55 am
I don’t think you should be makpid on CY at this point.
I would buy Similac or Enfamil

turca

Post Thu, Nov 23 2017, 10:54 am
http://www.prolacta.com/

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Nov 23 2017, 10:56 am
amother wrote:
I know you want only CY but if you would consider chalav Stam I would recommend a preemie formula as they are higher in calories than regular formulas.
Also, enfamil makes a human milk fortifier (it’s not a formula) that is used in NICU’s. My preemie twins were on human milk fortifier and preemie formula in the nicu.

We started off on this fortifier but couldnt handle it. one of nurses (not Jewish) said looks like __ only wants kosher!

Eta: baby was full term.

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Nov 23 2017, 10:58 am
amazingmommy wrote:
I had a good experience with babies only. The ingredients are better than other formulas.
I don't know if you are interested, but the soy babies only is non gmo and for some might be a better option than the dairy.

Good luck.

This is my question- which formula ing. better... so Babys only wins over the others in best ingredients?

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Nov 23 2017, 11:01 am
amother wrote:

we dont need that much more cal. so right now we can stick to CY. if her dr. will feel she needs s/t more we will switch. (he might take her off the fortifier altogether as she B'H is gaining nicely)

minnie mouse

Post Thu, Nov 23 2017, 11:03 am
My baby is alot happier with kendamil.

tweety1

Post Thu, Nov 23 2017, 11:24 am
There's a yiddish saying זיך דיר נישט קיין בעסערע גליקן. If your happy with what you're using stick to it. You don't know how your baby will handle the new one.

Iymnok

Post Thu, Nov 23 2017, 11:46 am
I have a neighbor with twins. One only had similar, the other materna. I'm not sure if it was personal preference or how they tolerated it. But it was amusing.

amazingmommy

Post Thu, Nov 23 2017, 11:53 am
amother wrote:
This is my question- which formula ing. better... so Babys only wins over the others in best ingredients?

Yes. Baby's only ingredients are better.

hesha

Post Thu, Nov 23 2017, 1:01 pm
I would stick with sunrise
I raised 4 babies kah on it and they all did very well
Bh

my mama

Post Thu, Nov 23 2017, 1:01 pm
I like kendamil best. Sunrise and baby's only made my baby constipated. Kendamil also doesn't have a smell. Do that's a bonus

Blessing1

Post Thu, Nov 23 2017, 2:26 pm
Did you ask a Rav about chalav yisroel? Most hold that on babies one does not need to be makpid, especially formula & not the ready mix & especially for a child being fed via tube.
Similac would be you best choice. The chalav yisroel formulas at every heavy on the stomach.
But if you do wish to be makpid, kendamil is great.

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Nov 23 2017, 9:13 pm
amazingmommy wrote:

Good luck.

Agree
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics