Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Mesivta Yesodei Yeshurun

amother

Post Sun, Nov 25 2012, 4:59 pm
I am looking into this high school for my son. I was wondering how frum the school is, backrounds the boys come from, academic level, gemarah level etc.
I am talking about the Yeshiva that is in Queens

amother

Post Sun, Dec 02 2012, 11:01 pm
bump

amother

Post Wed, Dec 12 2012, 4:16 pm
bump

Savta012

Post Wed, Dec 12 2012, 9:57 pm
Mesivta Yesodei Yeshurun is an excellent school. It is a small school (each grade is 30-35 boys divided into 2 sections). The boys all come from frum Torahdike homes. The Menahel is very careful about each boy that he accepts as the most important thing in adolescence is who a boys is friends with. The school is based on an excelllence both in Limudei Kodesh and General Studies. One is not sacrificed for the other.

The Mesivta is part of Yeshivas Ohr Hachaim and Rabbi Lander is the Rosh Hayeshiva and it is common for Mesivta and Bais Medrash boys to learn together.

They did have an open house a few weeks ago. Did you go? You would have gotten a very good feeling about the Mesivta there. My 2 sons graduated from the Mesivta.

Last edited by Savta012 on Sat, Feb 08 2014, 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother

Post Fri, Dec 14 2012, 12:03 am
What do most boys do after high school? Do they push boys to learn after high school?

Savta012

Post Fri, Dec 14 2012, 9:44 am
Many of the boys do continue learning afterwards but many do it in combination with college. By the way during the 12th grade the boys who qualify can receive up to 18 college credits through Freshman Touro Center. Where is your son in school now?

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Nov 02 2015, 7:39 am
Bump

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Nov 23 2017, 3:12 pm
Bump

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Nov 23 2017, 3:23 pm
They've now opened a branch in Phildelphia. There is a ninth grade and now recruiting for 9th & 10th for next year.

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 1:44 am
DS is at yesodei in Queens - very strong shiurim, high level of learning, and very strong general studies program. Excellent boys. We are very happy.

Ahuva's Mommy

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 9:47 am
I've heard that it's an excellent school but not very warm if your'e son needs that.

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 10:50 am
It is also high pressure.

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 10:59 am
If your son is strong in learning and academically, this might be a good fit. They only take good students.

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 11:06 am
amother wrote:
If your son is strong in learning and academically, this might be a good fit. They only take good students.

Sometimes they don't. You need to be strong to make it there. If you are one of the weaker boys, it is too much pressure.

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Aug 08 2018, 10:02 am
Bumping this thread up to find out more. Is there a dorm? Extracuricular activities and sports? I can not find a website for the school.

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Aug 08 2018, 2:34 pm
amother wrote:
Bumping this thread up to find out more. Is there a dorm? Extracuricular activities and sports? I can not find a website for the school.

They don't have a website.
Yes to dorm
Have a large gym for basketball
Super school
Phenomenal English department
Frum boys
For boys who are serious students and want to learn
Boys from all over

eight

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 9:56 pm
If you live in Passaic , is there boys commuting there and back each day ?

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 10:25 pm
eight wrote:

There is a van, not sure if they go daily, alot of nice boys from passaic, why don't you call the yeshiva to ask?

doctorima

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 10:32 pm
That would be a really long commute! Even if there is a van, I wouldn't want to subject my son to spend so much time every day in transit.

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 11:20 pm
eight wrote:

The boys from Passaic sleep in the dorm Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, and go home on the van the other nights. (Some boys choose to stay in the dorm on Wednesday nights too).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children