Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Mark Pence and Morals

SuperWify

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 3:02 pm
I was tuning into Fox News on the radio and they were talking about the crazy number of (seemingly) upstanding and famous celebrities and politicians getting busted for s-xual abuse.

Then they brought up Mike Pence. This brave man was mocked for saying he won’t be alone in a room with a women that is not his wife ( in regard to work related scenarios). People responded with an uproar, “can’t he control himself?” And “what a pervert!”

But now, after many “good guys” were busted they are actually commending and applauding his behavior.

Mike Pence keeps the laws of Yichud it seems. We too ought to keep them. Many Frum people get mocked for being machmir on these halachos ( please you can’t control yourself...) but there seems to be a good reason as to why our Rabbis gave us these laws.

Thoughts?

CDL

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 3:06 pm
I agree with laws of Yichud 100 million percent. Better safe than sorry! I’d rather err on the side of caution! Besides, it protects you from allegations. No one can come along and say mike pence did anything. He has an established rule he follows across the board.

zohar

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 3:17 pm
To those who say obviously Mike pence can't control himself or, why don't we teach our men not to xyz and mock hilchos yuchud, the point is not to put women in uncomfortable situations. I read an article that David shwimmer was meeting an actress in a noisy restaurant regarding an upcoming project. It was too noisy, so David suggested they go to his hotel room, but he told her that he can wait until the can get a friend to come with her so she would feel more comfortable. Do you think this is because David didn't trust herself, or rather that he understood that it isn't right to put a women in a vulnerable situation. If only more good guys in Hollywood acted this way, the bad guys wouldn't be able to take advantage of women in that way. It should be considered extremely inappropriate to have one on one meetings in hotel rooms. Thanks to hilchos yichud, my sister works in an office that all the offices have a glass wall. Hey non-Jewish co-worker told her that this is the most comfortable workplace she had worked in for that reason.

JoyInTheMorning

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 4:22 pm
All of us who have been groped or worse in public and while wearing perfectly modest clothing know that the problem of s-xual harassment and assault goes way beyond keeping hilchos yichud.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 4:27 pm
SuperWify wrote:
I was tuning into Fox News on the radio and they were talking about the crazy number of (seemingly) upstanding and famous celebrities and politicians getting busted for s-xual abuse.

Then they brought up Mike Pence. This brave man was mocked for saying he won’t be alone in a room with a women that is not his wife ( in regard to work related scenarios). People responded with an uproar, “can’t he control himself?” And “what a pervert!”

But now, after many “good guys” were busted they are actually commending and applauding his behavior.

Mike Pence keeps the laws of Yichud it seems. We too ought to keep them. Many Frum people get mocked for being machmir on these halachos ( please you can’t control yourself...) but there seems to be a good reason as to why our Rabbis gave us these laws.

Thoughts?

The left will grasp at anything so they turn his self control into anti-woman.

marina

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 5:02 pm
if I have a choice btw a boss who has to have gedarim for himself so he won't rape me and one who does not need them because he respects women and has self control, I'll go with the latter.

WhatFor

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 5:32 pm
southernbubby wrote:
The left will grasp at anything so they turn his self control into anti-woman.

Excuse those of us who are not compelled by the"moral superiority" of a party that now has a pedophile representing them in a run for senator.

Fox

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 6:08 pm
marina wrote:
if I have a choice btw a boss who has to have gedarim for himself so he won't rape me and one who does not need them because he respects women and has self control, I'll go with the latter.

Who says the gedarim are for him? Maybe he's made them because he doesn't trust you.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 6:10 pm
marina wrote:

Any woman could claim to have been sezually harassed and if Pence is never alone with a woman, such a claim is unlikely to happen. And what if he is being honest about the fact that powerful men come in contact with enticing women and he wants to avoid impropriety or arousing his own feelings? I wonder how many men in his position really has so much self control that they don't need the laws of Yichud to protect them.

In schools where children over the age of 2 have bathroom accidents and need their clothes changed, the teacher needs another adult in the room. Does that make the teacher a pedophile or is that acknowledging that someone could make a claim?

Boca00

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 7:11 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Any woman could claim to have been sezually harassed and if Pence is never alone with a woman, such a claim is unlikely to happen. And what if he is being honest about the fact that powerful men come in contact with enticing women and he wants to avoid impropriety or arousing his own feelings? I wonder how many men in his position really has so much self control that they don't need the laws of Yichud to protect them.

In schools where children over the age of 2 have bathroom accidents and need their clothes changed, the teacher needs another adult in the room. Does that make the teacher a pedophile or is that acknowledging that someone could make a claim?

It is for this exact reason that standard practice for male obgyns is to have a female nurse in the room during exams.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 7:18 pm
Boca00 wrote:
It is for this exact reason that standard practice for male obgyns is to have a female nurse in the room during exams.

exactly
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics