Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Pocono palace

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Nov 14 2017, 11:53 am
I want to go with my husband wondering if there is any 1. shul., kosher food, & attractions close by ? and is the pools heated?

doctorima

Post Tue, Nov 14 2017, 12:55 pm
Haven't been, but I believe the closest shul would be in Scranton, and no kosher restaurants in the area. Bushkill Falls is in the area, but check their winter hours. No idea about the pools, hopefully somebody who's gone there can clarify.

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Nov 14 2017, 1:50 pm
was there a few years ago. dont remember about shul or food (I took along breaded cutlets and frozen fries and onion rings and rewarmed/fried on hot plate that I took along) The indoor pool in your room is heated and there is a small sauna as well. Loved it!

benny

Post Tue, Nov 14 2017, 3:54 pm
Was it recently renovated? Was there 16 years ago and it was old then... it’s a tempting looking place to go and is very cool in theory but not so clean and pretty old.

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Nov 14 2017, 4:12 pm
lWas there about 3 years ago and I remember hearing then that it was recently renovated....

EishesYo

Post Tue, Nov 14 2017, 11:16 pm
I was there a year and a half ago
we brought our own food and burner
the pool in the room was heated
I had heard it was renovated, at that point they were 'under reno' only some rooms had been spruced up....
we enjoyed but yea was a bit old.....

b from nj

Post Wed, Nov 15 2017, 5:49 am
We went to each of the Cove Haven resorts (Cove Haven, Pocono Palace, and Paradise Stream) twice and we enjoyed our trips there. Our favorite room of all was the Apple & Eve rooms.

There are no Shuls nearby but they do provide Kosher breakfasts and dinners but the dinners are TV dinners and not the tastiest but you can order a few dinners & find things to eat between all the TV dinners. The last time we were there we had to eat the breakfast in the dining room which was a bit uncomfortable with all the plastic wrappings but they did allow us to eat dinner in our room which was better.

We haven't been there in quite a few years (probably 4 or so) but we did enjoy going there as a nice escape from reality and a chance to reconnect with each other when we didn't want to travel too far.

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 7:23 pm
op I went last nite to the paradise stream we had such an embarrassing moment the hotel gave us a wrong key & we walked in on a couple omg it was some way to start our nite

b from nj

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 7:38 pm
amother wrote:
op I went last nite to the paradise stream we had such an embarrassing moment the hotel gave us a wrong key & we walked in on a couple omg it was some way to start our nite

YIKES! I hope the hotel gave you some credit for their mistake & the other couple too. So crazy!!!!

benny

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 7:47 pm
Crazy!

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 8:00 pm
gave us 3pm sign out instead off 11am & other person another day stay
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics