Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
S/O what's great about being a woman?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

imasoftov

Post Wed, Nov 22 2017, 5:20 am
farm wrote:
Women depreciate to a lesser degree than men

and are still worth less

Last edited by imasoftov on Wed, Nov 22 2017, 5:21 am; edited 1 time in total

imasoftov

Post Wed, Nov 22 2017, 5:21 am
top mom wrote:
I would be bored to tears wearing what my husband wears (white and black )EVERY SINGLE DAY

Mine would be, too, so he doesn't.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Nov 22 2017, 9:18 am
imasoftov wrote:
and are still worth less

Do you feel this on a practical level in your daily life?

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Nov 22 2017, 10:29 am
imasoftov wrote:
Mine would be, too, so he doesn't.

She was taslking about herself.

imasoftov

Post Wed, Nov 22 2017, 11:19 am
LovesHashem wrote:
She was taslking about herself.

I didn't think she was talking about anyone else, as her post began "I would be ..."

imasoftov

Post Wed, Nov 22 2017, 11:30 am
PinkFridge wrote:
Do you feel this on a practical level in your daily life?

I understood farm to be referring to Rashi (quoting Gemara Arachin) on Vayikra 27:7, explaining Rashi the way I learned it too, that a man's "erech" drops more than a woman's after he reaches age 60 because an old woman helps around the house and gives useful advice while an old man does neither.

http://www.chabad.org/library/.....=true

farm

Post Wed, Nov 22 2017, 11:45 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
you can only be so sure of this where you work, and nowhere else.

Not sure if this is because of where you live or work or perhaps simply due to your self confidence or personality, but no. This is true in any professional setting in the U S of A. If a woman would come to a job interview or to the workplace with exposed hairy legs, a unibrow, or bushy unkempt hair, she would not get the job or the promotion. Ditto for an unshaven or crumpled tie or bed head man. But it takes more money and time for the woman to present herself appropriately than the man.

farm

Post Wed, Nov 22 2017, 11:48 am
imasoftov wrote:
and are still worth less

Yes. But it is interesting that the woman retains more of her value as she ages than the man. This leads me to conjecture that his value is based more on the work he can do (like an animal) while hers is not.

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Nov 22 2017, 11:51 am
farm wrote:
Not sure if this is because of where you live or work or perhaps simply due to your self confidence or personality, but no. This is true in any professional setting in the U S of A. If a woman would come to a job interview or to the workplace with exposed hairy legs, a unibrow, or bushy unkempt hair, she would not get the job or the promotion. Ditto for an unshaven or crumpled tie or bed head man. But it takes more money and time for the woman to present herself appropriately than the man.

This is also true in Israel.

dancingqueen

Post Wed, Nov 22 2017, 11:51 am
farm wrote:

For sure. I wonder if things truly are so different in Israel.

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Nov 22 2017, 11:57 am
dancingqueen wrote:
For sure. I wonder if things truly are so different in Israel.

Not different at all, especially for hair removal. Israel is a mediterranean country and there is a big emphasis on smooth legs and so on. The Muslim women even need to remove all pubic and armpit hair according to their religion.
Laser here is, I think, a lot more popular than in the US. The ladies might dress more casual than in the US but they are still expected to put in a lot more effort than the men.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Nov 22 2017, 12:03 pm
imasoftov wrote:
I understood farm to be referring to Rashi (quoting Gemara Arachin) on Vayikra 27:7, explaining Rashi the way I learned it too, that a man's "erech" drops more than a woman's after he reaches age 60 because an old woman helps around the house and gives useful advice while an old man does neither.

http://www.chabad.org/library/.....=true

Even though a woman retains more of her value, she is still valued LESS than a (same aged) man at every age (no matter how much work she does around the house or how much useful advice she gives),

mandksima

Post Wed, Nov 22 2017, 3:43 pm
penguin wrote:
Quote:
I heard a great shiur on women yesterday and on the women of chanukah.
I'd love to hear it. Was it recorded? Maybe posted on-line?

I hosted it in my house and we didn't tape it unfortunately.

Raisin

Post Wed, Nov 22 2017, 4:58 pm
farm wrote:

No one will know if I shave my armpits, or legs, except in the summer. Men have to shave every single day. True, make up clothing take more time for women then for men.

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Nov 22 2017, 5:02 pm
Raisin wrote:
No one will know if I shave my armpits, or legs, except in the summer. Men have to shave every single day. True, make up clothing take more time for women then for men.

I wear stockings even now that are see through. I have to shave.

Boca00

Post Wed, Nov 22 2017, 5:43 pm
Raisin wrote:

Men have to shave every day? Not all.

And nobody will know if you shave? What about your husband and kids?

Anyway, it definitely takes longer for most women to get dressed for a wedding or special event. I happen to enjoy it, but cmon... It took my husband a few min to get ready for our wedding, and it took me a few hours and involved a lot more drama.

ssss1

Post Wed, Nov 22 2017, 7:02 pm
Boca00 wrote:
Men have to shave every day? Not all.

And nobody will know if you shave? What about your husband and kids?

Anyway, it definitely takes longer for most women to get dressed for a wedding or special event. I happen to enjoy it, but cmon... It took my husband a few min to get ready for our wedding, and it took me a few hours and involved a lot more drama.
How do you enjoy shaving? Didn't even know it was possible, I absolutely despise it

Boca00

Post Wed, Nov 22 2017, 7:05 pm
ssss1 wrote:
How do you enjoy shaving? Didn't even know it was possible, I absolutely despise it

Lol! I meant I enjoy getting dressed up, hair and makeup...

Happens to be I don't mind shaving at all, I find it easy and mindless. Do you have a good razor, and bodywash or cream? Is your skin very sensitive?

ssss1

Post Wed, Nov 22 2017, 7:09 pm
Boca00 wrote:
Lol! I meant I enjoy getting dressed up, hair and makeup...

Happens to be I don't mind shaving at all, I find it easy and mindless. Do you have a good razor, and bodywash or cream? Is your skin very sensitive?
lol I probably hate it because it takes forever and a day, I have a lot of hair!

MrsDash

Post Mon, Nov 27 2017, 2:44 pm
amother wrote:
Im pretty Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Pretty men exist. Have you seen Jon Snow?
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics