Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Ideas needed for holiday gifts for daughters providers

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Nov 27 2017, 2:27 pm
For ENT and GI- male doctors- want to get davka for doctor. I have an idea for the PA already.
Then we have the Radiologist office- want to get something for the office as a whole
I want to get something to show our appreciation, but don't really have the $.... we usually take rugelach or chocolate to appointments.

Also want to know if this makes sense to give to her nurses and therapists- we got small cute umbrellas for a very good price.

Please share ideas!

Thank you!

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Nov 27 2017, 2:59 pm
A heartfelt card? A thank you? That's less briby, and less useless than small umbrellas.

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Nov 27 2017, 3:00 pm
amother wrote:
A heartfelt card? A thank you? That's less briby, and less useless than small umbrellas.

we're not doing briby. just showing appreciation. and of course we give a heartfelt thank you card. the question is what to give along with the card...

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Nov 27 2017, 3:51 pm
amother wrote:
we're not doing briby. just showing appreciation. and of course we give a heartfelt thank you card. the question is what to give along with the card...

Make a donation in their name to Doctors without Borders

https://donate.doctorswithoutborders.org/

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Nov 27 2017, 6:20 pm
I think the umbrellas and a kind "thank you" note are a nice idea, or some fancy chocolates or a fruit arrangement. I wouldn't do a donation in their name unless it's something you know is important to them, because it wouldn't mean much. Gift cards for Dunkin Donuts/coffee shop and the like may also be appreciated.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Nov 27 2017, 6:29 pm
amother wrote:
I think the umbrellas and a kind "thank you" note are a nice idea, or some fancy chocolates or a fruit arrangement. I wouldn't do a donation in their name unless it's something you know is important to them, because it wouldn't mean much. Gift cards for Dunkin Donuts/coffee shop and the like may also be appreciated.

I’m a PT. I would much rather a gift certificate to a local coffee shop or target than a small umbrella.

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Nov 27 2017, 6:42 pm
amother wrote:
I’m a PT. I would much rather a gift certificate to a local coffee shop or target than a small umbrella.

But then it needs to be a substantial amount not to look like a chozek, and it will add up to so much...
rather food than umbrella? (just remembered that as a special-ed teacher I once got a small umbrella as a chanukah gift and really appreciated it and ended up enjoying very much)

ra_mom

Post Mon, Nov 27 2017, 8:26 pm
I'm considering a small gift box of chocolates.

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Nov 27 2017, 8:33 pm
amother wrote:

She wanted something 'davka' for a doctor. Unless they had some major political issues, a doctor would appreciate a donation to doctors without borders.

The added benefit of doing a donation as a gift is, (unless you've been advised otherwise) it can be from your masser money. (AFAIK its tzdaka) helpful when you really don't have the $.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics