Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Ergo baby original or 360?

amazingmommy

Post Mon, Nov 27 2017, 11:24 am
I'm looking to buy a baby carrier, which one would you recommend?
Their both on sale. The original is cheaper, but I want to buy what's better.

Thanks!

pesek zman

Post Mon, Nov 27 2017, 11:39 am
Only bother with the 360 if you see yourself wearing baby outward facing. I had the 360 (and was very happy with it) but didn't end up wearing baby out: it's just not as comfortable.

There are lots of different baby carriers out there aside from ergo. Consider taking a babywearing class to determine the best carrier for your body type and how to use it

amazingmommy

Post Mon, Nov 27 2017, 11:45 am
Thank you. Where would I find a baby wearing class?
I do know that I like it since I borrowed it multiple times from a friend.
I'm also not buying it for use at home since I have the baby ktan for at home.

pesek zman

Post Mon, Nov 27 2017, 12:14 pm
amazingmommy wrote:

If you know you like it that's great. Make sure you know about how to put it in and off yourself and how to adjust the straps. Where do you live? There's a great store in Greenpoint brookyn that I recommend called Wild Was Mama

amazingmommy

Post Mon, Nov 27 2017, 12:19 pm
pesek zman wrote:
If you know you like it that's great. Make sure you know about how to put it in and off yourself and how to adjust the straps. Where do you live? There's a great store in Greenpoint brookyn that I recommend called Wild Was Mama

I live in Brooklyn

lucky14

Post Mon, Nov 27 2017, 10:20 pm
pesek zman wrote:
Only bother with the 360 if you see yourself wearing baby outward facing. I had the 360 (and was very happy with it) but didn't end up wearing baby out: it's just not as comfortable.

There are lots of different baby carriers out there aside from ergo. Consider taking a babywearing class to determine the best carrier for your body type and how to use it

I also have a 360 but only wore my baby in it outward a few times- I agree, it isn't so comfortable.
I REALLY recommend the Ergo in general. Don't spend the extra on the 360. I'm pretty sure the original has a zipper pocket on it- the 360 does not and I REALLY wish I'd had that feature! Looking back on it I actually would have paid extra for the pocket instead of the facing outward :-p

lucky14

Post Mon, Nov 27 2017, 10:24 pm
amazingmommy wrote:

I also had a baby ktan btw Smile And I preferred that one for home but the ergo for out as well. The structure of the ergo was better when being out but the comfort/flexibility of the ktan was easier for home. Once he got a bit bigger though I felt like he didn't fit so well in the ktan and started using the ergo at home as well.

carrot

Post Mon, Nov 27 2017, 11:31 pm
I like the original. I don't like the Velcro on the 360. And the pocket on the original is great! I didn't even realize the 360 doesn't have it--I guess I was so turned off by the Velcro I didn't get that far.

I wore two or three kids through toddlerhood in the original, and never missed the ability to face them forward. The first used to go on my back (hence facing forward). With the second, who really liked being carried and didn't walk for a long time, I figured out the hip carry. And the third just didn't like being confined (carried) at all past a certain age.

I would go for the original for sure. Maybe consider the adapt. The original is not great for young babies.

amazingmommy

Post Tue, Nov 28 2017, 12:11 am
Thank you all for your input!
I got the original, and also the adaptor for infants.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics