Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
How's life?
Previous  1  2

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Nov 28 2017, 1:23 pm
amother wrote:
There are ups and downs for everyone. Yes, at 20 years old many have not yet suffered. But at 60? 80? There is no such thing as a person that hasn't had major life suffering their entire life. There are so many forms of pain, and nobody gets through with nothing. Personally, my problems were all very trivial until age 25 when I found out my kid was kidnapped and the aftermath of that was severe and lasted years. When I was suffering, I really was one of the few 25 year old dealing with "big league" issues. But people catch up eventually. That's just what life is--we are all tested and have to go through the process of learning emunah, resilience, and meaning.

It is a sad reality, but the reality is that MANY do suffer from major life suffering before the age of 20. What about all the children who had to deal with parents divorce, death of a parent or sibling, abuse of any kind, illness, poverty, bullying, learning disabilities, relatives with mental or personality disorders etc.

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Nov 28 2017, 7:04 pm
amother wrote:
There are ups and downs for everyone. Yes, at 20 years old many have not yet suffered. But at 60? 80? There is no such thing as a person that hasn't had major life suffering their entire life. There are so many forms of pain, and nobody gets through with nothing. Personally, my problems were all very trivial until age 25 when I found out my kid was kidnapped and the aftermath of that was severe and lasted years. When I was suffering, I really was one of the few 25 year old dealing with "big league" issues. But people catch up eventually. That's just what life is--we are all tested and have to go through the process of learning emunah, resilience, and meaning.

I agree with this . I had it fairly easy for quiet sometime. I was even wondering how come soo many around me have challenges and I dont.
Wow Hashem must really love me
To most I look like I have a charming life
Till I was hit with a life challenge that's very very painful.
It's for sure my most painful nisyaon in the last 15 yrs
Life is just like that. It's ups and downs.

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Nov 28 2017, 8:12 pm
Surrendered wrote:
Challenges are given, pain is a choice!
Transform your life, by calling the Transformation Hotline (Tips to living a Stress-Free life in challenging situations): 641 715 0709 pin: 549732#

Thank you. Do you know who the speaker is?

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 12:02 am
Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.
I love this one.

Surrendered

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 6:38 am
Speaker is an amazing woman! You can pm me for her name. Don't want to publicize it.

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 7:47 am
Not only do I disagree I think it is callous, not comforting, to tell someone who has consistent severe difficulties that everyone else is also struggling with HUGE issues.

The concept simply cannot be true. Say you have (a) who is a wealthy, charismatic vigorous person, they go to PTA just to pick up a nachas report etc. then you have (b) who is struggling financially, socially, has physical and mental issue health issues, has major problem children etc.

I know of people for both descriptions. What secret do think (a) has making their life look even remotely like (b)'s?

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 7:59 am
I just remind myself that all of my problems are "First World Problems".

If I don't have to walk a mile every day in order to fill a gallon jug with contaminated water, then I'm ahead of the curve.

So I'm sick and stuck in bed more days than not. I'm not sleeping under a bridge, and my pillow is soft and clean.

Everything is relative.

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 8:04 am
If you have food in your fridge, clothes on your back, a roof over your head and a place to sleep you are richer than 75% of the world.

If you have money in the bank, your wallet, and some spare change you are among the top 8% of the world’s wealthy.

If you woke up this morning with more health than illness you are more blessed than the million people who will not survive this week.

If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the agony of imprisonment or torture, or the horrible pangs of starvation you are luckier than 500 million people alive and suffering.

If you can read this message you are more fortunate than 3 billion people in the world who cannot read it at all

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 8:10 am
amother wrote:
If you have food in your fridge, clothes on your back, a roof over your head and a place to sleep you are richer than 75% of the world.

If you have money in the bank, your wallet, and some spare change you are among the top 8% of the world’s wealthy.

If you woke up this morning with more health than illness you are more blessed than the million people who will not survive this week.

If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the agony of imprisonment or torture, or the horrible pangs of starvation you are luckier than 500 million people alive and suffering.

If you can read this message you are more fortunate than 3 billion people in the world who cannot read it at all

Thank you for posting this. I wanted to use this quote, but I couldn't find it.

We all need to cultivate an attitude of gratitude. People who focus on what they have, rather than what they don't have, are happier, healthier, and live longer. It's actually the number one predictor of how well someone will survive a serious illness.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics