Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Rabbi Leiter defends Alabama Senate candidate Judge Moore
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

southernbubby

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 12:04 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Like many cities and small towns across the country, e.g. Galveston, there was a community in Birmingham once upon a time. If there's something still there to take root hey, maybe that'll be the next Jacksonville or bigger.

This is a mess. I think that many people who held their noses and voted for Trump learned a valuable lesson. Unless, or maybe even if, the opponent is Atilla the Hun, a rasha and mushchas (or female equivalent) (not that I'm saying Hillary is), we can't have cheshbonos. We can't say, well, the greater good is keeping x out so we'll vote y in. We can leave those cheshbonos to the RBShO and just write someone else in. I think that's what I'd do if I were in Alabama.

If you want to know why I am southernbubby, although I was born in Louisville, one of my bubbys was from Birmingham, AL. My cousins lived there and we visited them. Jewish life was very important to them and one of these cousins is proud to say that his sons live in EY. There still is a community in Birmingham, and it's no surprise that there are Chabad houses in Al. No, it is not the hub of Jewish life in America but there are Jews there living a Jewish life.

cbsp

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 12:37 pm
Jeanette wrote:
You mentioned that you learned from Hillary how to treat victims of s-xual assault. What else did you learn from Hillary? If she's morally reprehensible why are you taking lessons from her?

I did? Where?
I said I learned that politics trumps morally reprehensible behavior.

Jeanette

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 1:04 pm
cbsp wrote:
I did? Where?

Thanks for clarifying.

Personally I believe in choosing the most qualified person for the position.

I have voted for republicans, I have voted for democrats. I believe character does matter, regardless of whatever the other side does. I believe in learning from the best possible examples, not the worst.

Jeanette

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 1:54 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Like many cities and small towns across the country, e.g. Galveston, there was a community in Birmingham once upon a time. If there's something still there to take root hey, maybe that'll be the next Jacksonville or bigger.

This is a mess. I think that many people who held their noses and voted for Trump learned a valuable lesson. Unless, or maybe even if, the opponent is Atilla the Hun, a rasha and mushchas (or female equivalent) (not that I'm saying Hillary is), we can't have cheshbonos. We can't say, well, the greater good is keeping x out so we'll vote y in. We can leave those cheshbonos to the RBShO and just write someone else in. I think that's what I'd do if I were in Alabama.

This post deserves a spinoff... stay tuned.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 1:57 pm
Jeanette wrote:
This post deserves a spinoff... stay tuned.

OK Jeanette, you're on!

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 8:18 pm
cbsp wrote:
I did? Where?

As long as Mr. Trump doesn't politic morally reprehensible behavior.
And Jeanette, can you link to the spinoff, if you do one? Thanks.

Jeanette

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 8:30 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
As long as Mr. Trump doesn't politic morally reprehensible behavior.
And Jeanette, can you link to the spinoff, if you do one? Thanks.

Here you go.

http://www.imamother.com/forum.....r=asc

(Not all responses honored the spirit of your original comment but I guess that's to be expected.)
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics