Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Tenafly, NJ

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 2:07 pm
Tell me about Tenafly's jewish community. How large is it? is it a mixed? I'm modern orthodox looking for a warm & friendly non-judgmental type of community. Any good yeshivas around it? how's the tuition? kosher restaurants? shuls? any sepharadic and israelis? what's the price range for houses over there? thanks.

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 2:09 pm
All I know is that housing is very, very expensive, and Yeshivas are probably the same that service Bergen County, like YNJ

doctorima

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 2:59 pm
Is there a reason you specifically picked Tenafly? If your only criteria is a warm and non-judgmental MO community, I would think you'd be much happy in places like Fairlawn or Highland Park that are much larger and more established in terms of shuls, schools, etc.

saw50st8

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 3:17 pm
I don't know enough about the actual tenafly community (except that the public school is one of the top in the state!). People in Tenafly send to all the orthodox Bergen County schools, although I think primarily BPY.

Tuition in Bergen County schools range from just under $10k (He'atid) to about $18k (BPY). Other schools in between include Lubavitch on the Palisades, RYNJ, Yavneh, Moriah and Yeshivat Noam.

gingleale

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 10:19 pm
Tenafly is a medium sized community, but very close to the larger Englewood community which is completely walkable on Shabbos. The shuls there are Kesher and there is also a Chabad. It is primarily a modern orthodox community. Mpst of the sephardim live in Engelwood. People who live there generally send their kids to BPY, Yavneh, Schechter, Lubavitch on the Paslisades and public school for the most part. Housing is expensive.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating