Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Not speaking Hebrew
Previous  1  2

4Sisters

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 1:35 pm
YTA is in Jerusalem. If you are thinking of Ramat Beit Shemesh, there is a school called Kol Hadassah that also teaches high school girls in English. At the moment, both schools are very, very small (which might be a good thing for your dd). Who knows what five years will bring?! Smile

I would suggest visiting each school to see if it is a fit for your family hashkafically.

MyUsername

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 1:53 pm
2 things:

- Professional hebrew - you may want to consider going to a medical ulpan designed for professionals in medical fields. this is sponsored by the govt, they have them in Jerusalem, and are generally just for a few months. My friend went and said it was very helpful

- Private PT - private PT is really not very popular here, since the kupot cholim (health funds) cover the costs of regular PT if needed, either in the clinic itself or in a hospital, or in the child development centers for kids, or through misrad habitachon for injured soldiers/reservists. Not many people go private, since almost the entire cost is covered if you go through your kupat cholim. There are definitely people who do private, but you have to have a good reputation to get clients. So you may want to think about whether job-wise this is really feasible to support a family. Maybe ask nefesh b'nefesh if they can put you in touch with private PTs to see how it works out for them.

RachelEve14

Post Fri, Dec 01 2017, 3:38 am
amother wrote:
Just to clarify. I do speak Hebrew, enough to function in daily life. Just not at a high level that I'd need professionally.

As an English speaker who has had a lot of kids with various therapists (speech / OT / PT / ect) in different settings (kupah and special education programs) if you speak basic Hebrew you will be fine and it will only get better. My Hebrew is what I would term functional, and it's better than some of the PT's my kids have had in the past.

amother
Lime

Post Fri, Dec 01 2017, 3:57 am
If you want to start working right away in Israel, as you wrote, just clarify that you don't need any Israeli licensing procedure or test... a lot of professions do. Don't know about yours.

amother
Hotpink

Post Sat, Dec 02 2017, 12:58 pm
4Sisters wrote:
YTA is in Jerusalem. If you are thinking of Ramat Beit Shemesh, there is a school called Kol Hadassah that also teaches high school girls in English. At the moment, both schools are very, very small (which might be a good thing for your dd). Who knows what five years will bring?! Smile

I would suggest visiting each school to see if it is a fit for your family hashkafically.
Im the poster who replied before about YTA. I work there.
Just know the difference between YTA and Kol Hadassah is, besides for a few other things, the main thing, is that YTA does bagruyot and KH does not.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions