Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Current info on inwood and bayswater

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 8:19 pm
The threads on this topic say that inwood prices rose bayswater is not as laid back oot etc. I am looking for current info on both places. What is the current market for housing in both areas. I would love a 4 bedroom house that is more or less move in ready. We are a chinuch family with 3 kids. Dh is 31 im 30. How is the keeping up with the cohens. I know they border and share schools with lawrence woodmere etc. Can u compare and contrast both areas or just give me any useful info on either area. Tia.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 9:21 pm
Anyone....current info would be very appreciated

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 9:24 pm
I live In Bayswater. Sadly it's lost some of its OOT feel but is still a nice "community" feel. Honestly I use to think it was the next best thing to moving OOT but after 15 years of living here and sooo many Brooklyn people coming in it is starting to get bla. We are looking to move. It use to be to live in Bayswater you needed something weird about You. And we liked it that way. Now it seems we have a lot more "Normal" Brooklyn style people moving one we are actually looking to move.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 9:34 pm
Both are nice crowds, nice down to earth people.

Inwood has more of a mainstream with-it in-town crowd than Bayswater has. Both are very friendly and I recommend both!

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 9:36 pm
amother wrote:
I live In Bayswater. Sadly it's lost some of its OOT feel but is still a nice "community" feel. Honestly I use to think it was the next best thing to moving OOT but after 15 years of living here and sooo many Brooklyn people coming in it is starting to get bla. We are looking to move. It use to be to live in Bayswater you needed something weird about You. And we liked it that way. Now it seems we have a lot more "Normal" Brooklyn style people moving one we are actually looking to move.

Interesting, cuz to me Bayswater is still quite out-of-town, with a wide range of types- many eclectic types and many more mainstream types. I don't see it as Brooklyn-y at all.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 9:37 pm
What is the housing like in both areas. What can I get for ideally 500k but up to 600k

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 9:53 pm
amother wrote:
What is the housing like in both areas. What can I get for ideally 500k but up to 600k

You can definitely find in that price range, but I don't know what type/size of house exactly. Bayswater is cheaper than Inwood. You should speak to a real estate agent.

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 12:06 am
amother wrote:
You can definitely find in that price range, but I don't know what type/size of house exactly. Bayswater is cheaper than Inwood. You should speak to a real estate agent.

actually that isnt really accurate. bayswater prices are rising dramatically with some one family houses going for over 650/7

inwood still has smaller houses that you can get for cheaper than that.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 2:06 am
amother wrote:
actually that isnt really accurate. bayswater prices are rising dramatically with some one family houses going for over 650/7

inwood still has smaller houses that you can get for cheaper than that.

?

So Bayswater has some expensive houses... And Inwood has some even-more expensive houses.

Inwood has some cheaper houses... And Bayswater has some even-cheaper houses.

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 12:29 pm
Inwood has some very decent sized houses for decent prices. There are a number of chinuch families in Inwood and the keeping up with the Cohens is minimal compared to the surrounding areas. The community is beautiful, definitely a feeling of community and togetherness. I love that you can feel like you're in a peaceful little neighborhood with gardens and big backyards while still being a three minute drive from groceries. That being said, I cant compare it to bayswater since I do not know that many people who live there. Good luck!

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 3:11 pm
amother wrote:
Inwood has some very decent sized houses for decent prices. There are a number of chinuch families in Inwood and the keeping up with the Cohens is minimal compared to the surrounding areas. The community is beautiful, definitely a feeling of community and togetherness. I love that you can feel like you're in a peaceful little neighborhood with gardens and big backyards while still being a three minute drive from groceries. That being said, I cant compare it to bayswater since I do not know that many people who live there. Good luck!

Thank you! This post makes Inwood a very nice place to live. I am leaning towards Inwood over Bayswater. I want a 4 bedroom colonial. The only ones I came across on Zillow with 700k. When you say you can find decent size homes for decent price did you mean 700k? Also, can you please list me the frum borders of the area so I can look at googelstreet view and zillow and have a more accurate idea of what I am dealing with.

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 3:21 pm
amother wrote:
?

So Bayswater has some expensive houses... And Inwood has some even-more expensive houses.

Inwood has some cheaper houses... And Bayswater has some even-cheaper houses.

I was saying that at this point inwood is cheaper than bayswater in general.

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 3:23 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you! This post makes Inwood a very nice place to live. I am leaning towards Inwood over Bayswater. I want a 4 bedroom colonial. The only ones I came across on Zillow with 700k. When you say you can find decent size homes for decent price did you mean 700k? Also, can you please list me the frum borders of the area so I can look at googelstreet view and zillow and have a more accurate idea of what I am dealing with.

Colonials esp4 bed ones are very rare in Inwood and yes will be in the 700 K range

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 4:54 pm
amother wrote:
Colonials esp4 bed ones0p are very rare in Inwood and yes will be in the 700 K range

What kind of houses are in the frum area in inwood

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 6:35 pm
amother wrote:
What kind of houses are in the frum area in inwood

in inwood, mostly split ranches or cape cods.

the bigger houses that the frum people there have there are generally small houses that they expanded.

some people turn the cape cods into colonials, but that obviously costs a lot..

in general the homes in inwood are small, and very "not jewish" layouts.

bayswater houses arent as small generally, (although some are) but sadly, although it used to be a good, less expensive option, the market has really changed and prices have really gone up, especially for teh type of thing you seem to be looking for...

not trying to be super negative, just being honest and realistic with you. im quite involved in both markets at this point, and this is basically what is to be expected.

amother
Mustard

Post Sat, Dec 02 2017, 11:45 pm
What is a colonial, cape cod, split house?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating