Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Holiday gift for my Mailperson - need ideas, please!

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 7:53 am
I live in a one family house and have had the same mailperson for at least the past couple of years. I see him often because he sometimes rings my doorbell if the box or package I receive does not fit in the mailbox/mail slot. Ideas please. I am also on a limited budget, is a $10 gift card ok? or please post other suggestions. TIA

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 7:58 am
I gave mine a plate of homemade brownies wrapped up with a bow and a nice card thanking him and a $5 bill.

peacock

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 8:57 am
Starbucks gift card and a note

octopus

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 8:58 am
Isn't it illegal to give cash?

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 9:18 am
octopus wrote:
Isn't it illegal to give cash?

Employee Tipping and Gift-Receiving Policy

All postal employees, including carriers, must comply with the Standards of Ethical Conduct for Employees of the Exec­utive Branch. Under these federal regulations, carriers are permitted to accept a gift worth $20 or less from a customer per occasion, such as x-mas. However, cash and cash equivalents, such as checks or gift cards that can be exchanged for cash, must never be accepted in any amount. Furthermore, no employee may accept more than $50 worth of gifts from any one customer in any one calendar year period.
— Public Relations, Corporate Communications, 11-1-12

pause

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 9:22 am
amother wrote:
Employee Tipping and Gift-Receiving Policy

All postal employees, including carriers, must comply with the Standards of Ethical Conduct for Employees of the Exec­utive Branch. Under these federal regulations, carriers are permitted to accept a gift worth $20 or less from a customer per occasion, such as x-mas. However, cash and cash equivalents, such as checks or gift cards that can be exchanged for cash, must never be accepted in any amount. Furthermore, no employee may accept more than $50 worth of gifts from any one customer in any one calendar year period.
— Public Relations, Corporate Communications, 11-1-12

This is interesting! I didn't know this. I've been giving my mailman and sanitation workers $10 with a nice thank you card. They had no problem accepting it. Wink

cnc

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 9:23 am
pause wrote:
This is interesting! I didn't know this. I've been giving my mailman and sanitation workers $10 with a nice thank you card. They had no problem accepting it. Wink

And my mailman has no problem ringing my bell and asking for it. This is a law that's not really kept...

ra_mom

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 9:33 am
cnc wrote:
And my mailman has no problem ringing my bell and asking for it. This is a law that's not really kept...
shock
Where's the jaw hitting the floor emoji?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics