Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Chanukah gifts for therapists? What to get?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sat, Dec 02 2017, 6:52 pm
This thread is not about the debate about whether or not to tip rebbeim, teachers, or therapists. I really need advice on what to get. My kids each get different therapies in school - p3, speech, ot... I would like to get something small for their therapists to show my appreciation. I'm on a budget. What are good ideas to get?
For the p3's, I would like to get something a little nicer than the others because they work with my children every day. The other therapists work with them once or twice a week. Any suggestions?
If I do a gift card, I would be able to do $10 per therapist and maybe $15 for p3. I think giving a gift card for that little looks bad on us. Am I wrong?

debsey

Post Sat, Dec 02 2017, 6:59 pm
I think a nice box of chocolates or a pretty soap/lotion set is a good gift for that price range. Personally, I prefer a gift, rather than a gift card. If I get a 10.00 gift card, let's say to Target, it's just going to go to my order. If I get a nice box of milchig chocolate, or some pretty soaps, I'm more likely to use them.

seeker

Post Sat, Dec 02 2017, 7:02 pm
I don't think a $10-15 gift card looks bad. Less than that is a bit tacky, it would look nicer to find a pretty box of chocolates or something in your price range. Mostly it's the thought that counts. It's good to feel appreciated, and a gift indicates more appreciation than just saying "thanks" when you get around to talking.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sat, Dec 02 2017, 9:05 pm
Monogrammed towel.

$10 gift card to ice cream store.

Umbrella, thanks for covering my case

Pitcher, thanks for pitching in

precious

Post Sat, Dec 02 2017, 10:51 pm
I prefer a gift card... I hate getting useless gifts and everyone has different tastes and likes. I've received and appreciated gift cards to stores such as eichlers, double header, ice cream house, amazon, etc.

amother
Amethyst

Post Sat, Dec 02 2017, 10:55 pm
Im a P3 and I always prefer gift cards. Even a $15 one. But honestly anything along with a note is appreciated . It’s always nice to have some recognition and appreciation.

amother
Natural

Post Sat, Dec 02 2017, 11:36 pm
My dc has a ot therapist that I pay out of my pocket. Do I still need to get him a gift? If yes what can I get for a man?

Ruchel

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 6:04 am
A man is still human. That said, I would never gift non close family.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 8:17 am
amother wrote:
Im a P3 and I always prefer gift cards. Even a $15 one. But honestly anything along with a note is appreciated . It’s always nice to have some recognition and appreciation.

Re: even a $15 one - to me, thats huge. Most of the gift cards I get are $5. Keep it relative.

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 9:06 am
Ruchel wrote:
A man is still human. That said, I would never gift non close family.

Not asking if I should give a gift to a man. Asking if a ot therapist that I pay out of my pocket alot if I still need to get him a gift?

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 12:06 pm
I would prefer a gift card. Even 5$ or 10$ is definitely not nothing and is greatly appreciated. Over the years I have gotten other gifty things like candles, smelly soaps, and picture frames, and I definitely prefer the gift card--usually the gifts are not to my taste and just take up space. If you must get a gift, I vote chocolate. Any gift is appreciated--I wouldn't feel bad about the amounts.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 12:09 pm
amother wrote:
Not asking if I should give a gift to a man. Asking if a ot therapist that I pay out of my pocket alot if I still need to get him a gift?

Yes a small one is fine though.

Surrendered

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 12:49 pm
I have many therapists (including a male therapist), Morahs, assistants, bus drivers + to show appreciation to. I can't afford giving more than $10 each, but $10 gift card looks cheap and not personal. If they have young children, I'm giving a game/toy for the kids. Older therapists get a pretty salad bowl w/ matching plates and spoon- all wrapped up pretty in cute bag. Or the new style sequence pillow. (All from Amazing Savings). Of course with a personalized note from your heart (no fancy delancy professional poems needed). It's the words of appreciation that counts, but want to add nice simple gift, they will 'hopefully' appreciate. You will never satisfy everyone. One will think it's amazing, another might not use it...

Surrendered

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 12:50 pm
I have many therapists (including a male therapist), Morahs, assistants, bus drivers + to show appreciation to. I can't afford giving more than $10 each, but $10 gift card looks cheap and not personal. If they have young children, I'm giving a game/toy for the kids. Older therapists get a pretty salad bowl w/ matching plates and spoon- all wrapped up pretty in cute bag. Or the new style sequence pillow. (All from Amazing Savings). Of course with a personalized note from your heart (no fancy delancy professional poems needed). It's the words of appreciation that counts, but want to add nice simple gift, they will 'hopefully' appreciate. You will never satisfy everyone. One will think it's amazing, another might not use it...

ra_mom

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 1:43 pm
amother wrote:
My dc has a ot therapist that I pay out of my pocket. Do I still need to get him a gift? If yes what can I get for a man?

Pen
Small gift card to Starbucks or a local ice cream shop put insife a nice note card.

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 1:46 pm
amother wrote:

Theres no such thing as “need” . However theres always such a thing as showing appreciation. No matter what. Go buy him a small gift or gift card. It shows a lot of appreciation! And will do only good for your child!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics