Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days
Cookie Tree?

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 10:26 am
Anyone here made a cookie tree as a centerpiece? How did you make the cookies? Did you attach it to the tree with ribbon? Any advice?

tweety1

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 10:54 am
I made a bon bon tree.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 11:08 am
tweety1 wrote:
I made a bon bon tree.

How did you do it?

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 11:14 am
I poked holes into the cookie dough with a straw when still raw. I made Chanukah shaped cookies. Then I strung thin satin ribbon through the cookies and tied a small bow/ knot and hung it from branches I spray painted .

tweety1

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 12:15 pm
I broke toothpick in half. Stuck half of pick into bon bon and then into Styrofoam tree. When all was done I filled the gaps with little
pale yellow fake flowers and baby breath. Was gorgeous!!
ETA: bon bons I made black ones and white ones. On black I drizzled white and v.v. was really stunning!

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 1:08 pm
Thanks Bizzydizzymommy.

Tweety1, what you did sounds gorgeous but I'm using a manzanita tree so that won't work.

If anyone else did something similar I'd love to hear about it. I'd like to use it for a bar mitzvah.

zaq

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 3:59 pm
I hope you’re not presenting ornamented trees in December. I’m shocked you’re considering decorating a tree at all. Even if it’s an apple tree.

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 4:08 pm
zaq wrote:
I hope you’re not presenting ornamented trees in December. I’m shocked you’re considering decorating a tree at all. Even if it’s an apple tree.

What about Hanukkah bushes. Are they ok?

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 4:10 pm
zaq wrote:

I took a vase of branches and twigs that were spray painted white as a centerpiece for my Chanukah party and hung cookies from them. It doesn't resemble anything like an xmas tree
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days