Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Do kids outgrow bedwetting on their own?

wife2

Post Wed, Nov 22 2017, 10:36 pm
My child who is 5 years old still wets the bed. Do kids outgrow this on their own or do they have to be trained? In a couple years when she's 6 or 7 will she just automatically stop?

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Nov 22 2017, 10:38 pm
She will stop, but the age varies. I have known of children who still sturggles with it until much older. Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do about it.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Nov 22 2017, 10:40 pm
My oldest wet until age 14. But that is after trying DDAVP and the alarm when he was younger and it didn't work for him. Lots of people have success with the alarm .

amother
Red

Post Wed, Nov 22 2017, 11:04 pm
Bedwetting has been linked to b vitamin deficiency, specifically b12.

MyUsername

Post Thu, Nov 23 2017, 2:57 pm
It's considered developmentally normal to still bedwet through age 6. If after age 6 they are still doing it, intervention is recommended. So no need to worry for now!

potato

Post Thu, Nov 23 2017, 3:04 pm
although still developmentally normal and I wouldn't do any drastic interventions at this point I would still run it by your pediatrician make sure no vitamin deficiencies or other underlying health related issues

zoom

Post Thu, Nov 23 2017, 4:14 pm
My daughter also is bedwetting. I know she does have an issue with it because she often wets herself during the day. For the day we have reward/punishmeny system which I think is a bit effective but I am never sure whether to reward/punish her for the nights...?
How do I know whether it is something she can control or not?
Its not every night that shes wets....

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Nov 23 2017, 4:32 pm
I wet my bed until I was 6 and stopped on my own. My son wet his bed until he was 12 and then stopped. No intervention was necessary.

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Nov 23 2017, 4:54 pm
miz wrote:
My daughter also is bedwetting. I know she does have an issue with it because she often wets herself during the day. For the day we have reward/punishmeny system which I think is a bit effective but I am never sure whether to reward/punish her for the nights...?

Please do not punish your child for wetting the bed. Poor baby. Do you want to damage her?

smss

Post Thu, Nov 23 2017, 6:15 pm
miz wrote:

How old is she?

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Nov 23 2017, 7:41 pm
I don’t remember how old I was when I stopped wetting my bed. My parents didn’t punish me or make me feel bad. I outgrew it on my own. My father also has this problem & he also outgrew with no intervention. Good luck.

gold21

Post Thu, Nov 23 2017, 9:21 pm
miz wrote:

Do not punish for bedwetting.

zoom

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 3:46 pm
shes 5. thanks for the advice all.
was only asking because she definitely has an issue with staying dry during the day and she has gone through periods of time when she is always dry so I know she can control it..
but thanks for your replies. I guess I have my answer..

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 8:19 pm
My sons; age 7 & 9 still bed wet, any advice on getting them to stop?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers