Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Never borrowed from a gmach and husband refuses

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 6:12 pm
So we can take money from a gmach. We didn't borrow/lend? yet. I understand they will not give to a woman. They want husband and wife. Correct me if I'm wrong. I have 14000 debt on cc and now pay about 250 in Apr minimum payments instead if the original money. Husband refuses go gmach. Many people in the 40s take from a gmach instead of using cc. Need urg money for therapy for a child 125 weekly.By taking from gmach we pay off the debt and repay gmach without aprs. He is like ok you pay from your wages. Duh it means the whole household is wasting. I give up.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 6:37 pm
Ironically my anon here is baby blue. Im definitely having blues

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 7:18 pm
Do you want to take for the cc or for the therapy?
I would for sure take to pay cc and then pay back the gmach the same payments that was paying until now or more. But for therapy? How exactly will you pay it back later? You have to decide if you can afford the therapy or find a donation. I would never borrow for therapy.

watergirl

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 8:09 pm
A gmach usually wont loan that amount unless you have 2 local cosigners who own homes. Do you have that?

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 8:15 pm
watergirl wrote:
A gmach usually wont loan that amount unless you have 2 local cosigners who own homes. Do you have that?

My understanding is the max they will lend is $5000. Maybe you could find a private lender.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 8:36 pm
watergirl wrote:

My husband can find plenty of cosigners whatever. That's my life. Challenges.

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 11:02 pm
amother wrote:
My husband can find plenty of cosigners whatever. That's my life. Challenges.

Maybe you can speak with a frum organization for finances, and you can come up with a plan to show how you won't run up your credit card debt again, and your salary can pay off the gemachs plus cover expenses.

Your co- signers will be responsible if you don't pay.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics