Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Waterbury - Aug 13th Minyan & food info

amother

Post Tue, Aug 12 2014, 8:40 pm
Hi, I am looking for info on a Minyan and kosher food. I will be there all day so I need 3 meals and dovening info. Take put food is fine.

TIA

Bitachon101

Post Tue, Aug 12 2014, 9:15 pm
Don't know much info but we stopped there tonight and were told the yeshiva has minyan at 8 am (latest minyan) 359 cooke st. 203-756-1200
There is also shoprite.
Not sure what else off hand

amother

Post Tue, Aug 12 2014, 9:25 pm
Bitachon101 wrote:
Don't know much info but we stopped there tonight and were told the yeshiva has minyan at 8 am (latest minyan) 359 cooke st. 203-756-1200
There is also shoprite.
Not sure what else off hand

Thanks. I heard there was a pizza place.

amother

Post Wed, Aug 13 2014, 12:34 am
You can also get takeout from Claire's in New Haven.

justforfun87

Post Wed, Aug 13 2014, 2:08 am
There is a pizza place, blanking on name but available with a quick google search. Just keep in mind that they close very early. I think I remember around 6, if not earlier. Weird

Odelyah

Post Wed, Aug 13 2014, 7:13 am
The pizza shop is Waterbury Kosher World, and they also have a grocery store attached with fresh baked goods from NY and a lot of other stuff. They close earlier in the summer because it's a small community and some people go away, and all the bachurim are away, and most families with kids there give their kids supper by 6, so after that they have no customers so it's not worth it for them to stay open. Their phone number is 203-75(PIZZA). There is also a bagel store that has kosher bagels and spreads called Ami's Bagels on Thomaston Ave. (There is another location that is not kosher so make sure you go to the one on Thomaston). They are only open 'til 3 and sometimes they run out of bagels earlier than that, but they are good for breakfast or lunch. (I'm not sure if all the drinks are kosher in the fridge but the bagels and spreads are and they're very good.) The Shoprite in Waterbury has a good kosher section with fresh bread from NY and cold cuts and they also have bagels but the Ami's bagels are better.

As far as Claire's, it's 45 minutes away in downtown New Haven so that probably isn't what you're looking for.

Hatzlacha and have a nice visit!

amother

Post Wed, Aug 13 2014, 7:16 am
Odelyah wrote:
The pizza shop is Waterbury Kosher World, and they also have a grocery store attached with fresh baked goods from NY and a lot of other stuff. They close earlier in the summer because it's a small community and some people go away, and all the bachurim are away, and most families with kids there give their kids supper by 6, so after that they have no customers so it's not worth it for them to stay open. Their phone number is 203-75(PIZZA). There is also a bagel store that has kosher bagels and spreads called Ami's Bagels on Thomaston Ave. (There is another location that is not kosher so make sure you go to the one on Thomaston). They are only open 'til 3 and sometimes they run out of bagels earlier than that, but they are good for breakfast or lunch. (I'm not sure if all the drinks are kosher in the fridge but the bagels and spreads are and they're very good.) The Shoprite in Waterbury has a good kosher section with fresh bread from NY and cold cuts and they also have bagels but the Ami's bagels are better.

As far as Claire's, it's 45 minutes away in downtown New Haven so that probably isn't what you're looking for.

Hatzlacha and have a nice visit!

Thanks for all your info.

Odelyah

Post Wed, Aug 13 2014, 7:31 am
You're welcome! Were you able to get all the minyan info? Because I'm kind of in a rush now but if you still need it I can get it for you.

babygirl

Post Mon, Dec 04 2017, 3:36 pm
I know this is old but on same topic- thinking of coming for Shabbos chanukah. Is the courtyard Marriot walking distance to any minyanim?
TIA
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics