Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Is Yoga a halachic issue?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Dec 05 2017, 5:17 pm
little neshamala wrote:
I sometimes feel like im the only person who keeps shouting to ask your Rav when it comes to halacha. Every Rav paskens halacha differently, and theres no way any imamother can inform you on whether or not something like this is halachicly ok.

Im all for mentioning that yoga can be a halachic shayla so ask your Rav. But the debate that rages back and forth between women is laughable.

Its no different from any other halachic topic.

My Rav says:

(Re the snipped part - see further up this same page.)
I meant to say this a few days ago and dug this up to say it now, in light of the kerfuffle over the sector thread and the spinoff. First, an intro: I didn't read the sector thread, just the spinoff. I usually find the rapidly growing juicy stuff interesting but had a hunch it wasn't worth it. So I did read the first and last page, and feel compelled to say this now:

little neshamale, I can't say that my rav would pasken as yours has on everything, but kol hakavod for having such a strong, respectful relationship with a rav.

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Dec 05 2017, 5:27 pm
tigerwife wrote:
How different does yoga and Pilates feel? Is there a reason someone would choose yoga versus Pilates, especially once they are aware of the source? Obviously, you need to ask your own sheilah. But if you do not ask someone knowledgeable, I'm not sure how much it counts.

Very different. Pilates is more toning; yoga is more relaxing for mind and body.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions