Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What do you dream about?
Previous  1  2

Boca00

Post Tue, Dec 05 2017, 4:08 pm
I once had a dream when I was in high school that I was getting married off without meeting the guy first. At the wedding, I absolutely refused to go ahead with it before I met him. I met him and freaked out, refusing to marry him.

In my dream, everyone was trying to convince me to go ahead with it because everyone was already there and dressed for the wedding (!). My cousin agreed to marry him instead.

Fast forward a year or two and my cousin from the dream tells me her dream. She is walking down the aisle to marry a guy she never met before. As she is walking down she freaks out that she never met him before and wants out. They had complicated shailos as they already signed the kesuba. I asked her for details and the guy looked the exact same!!

A few other times, I had dreams that actually came true right after (that someone random was doing carpool the next day, that someone was expecting, that someone was going to move to Israel).

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Dec 05 2017, 4:58 pm
Motherhood wrote:
Just curious to see how crazy I am. Do any of you dream about DH? How often does that occur? I can dream about DH 5 times a year. (only the good in him b"h) Was just wondering if its because I grew up pretty sheltered (although I am married already 5+ yrs and am not sheltered anymore,) or it is a common thing to dream about dh?

I'm in a hard marriage and I am kinda checked out emotionally.I am a good frum BY girl and recently been having very vivid dreams where I am have sx or close emotional relationships with other men...

relish

Post Tue, Dec 05 2017, 5:08 pm
I had many dreams that came true. Mandksima I find your post fascinating.

I went to ask my rabbi about it and he said that if I write down my dreams, and then when the event happens in real life, I go back to compare, and the details are the same, I should take them seriously and come to him to find out what to do about them.

I don't want extra responsibility right now, so I never followed through.

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Dec 05 2017, 5:09 pm
bigsis144 wrote:
I assume you mean sleep-dream and not day-dream?

Do you mean DH simply appears as a character in the dream (like, I imagined our family went on a road trip and DH is driving the car), or it’s specifically about him or your relationship?

Also, do you mean “dream” in a romantic/s-xual way, like a vivid fantasy?

[quote=“Motherhood”] Yes. Exactly. [/quote]

Never. I have trouble fantasizing explicitly about my husband in general, it’s more a craving for an impressionistic abstract feeling.

I rarely remember my dreams at all, but the one explicit first-person one I can remember was about being with another woman. I had this dream on Rosh HaShana *shakes head* The other was more a concept - a couple unable to conceive who basically summoned a demon - it collected sperm as a succubus then transformed into an incubus to impregnate the woman. Somehow that would bypass their problems.... The ritual was rather complicated and I woke up wondering if I had a future as an erotica writer...

Other dreams I remember include going on a scavenger hunt in a museum except there were live utahraptors on the loose, and walking out of my house and being so surprised by a squirrel running out in front of my door that I kicked it into the air.

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Dec 05 2017, 6:26 pm
amother wrote:
I'm in a hard marriage and I am kinda checked out emotionally.I am a good frum BY girl and recently been having very vivid dreams where I am have sx or close emotional relationships with other men...

You don't need to be in a bad marriage to have those dreams. Very normal, I think.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Dec 05 2017, 6:31 pm
relish wrote:

I went to ask my rabbi about it and he said that if I write down my dreams, and then when the event happens in real life, I go back to compare, and the details are the same, I should take them seriously and come to him to find out what to do about them.

It's serious stuff. This happened to my friend .

Her best friend was killed by a garbage truck the day before she was supposed to get engaged.
She got married a few months later and had a baby. Her best friend kept coming to her in her dreams telling her to come join her that it was so wonderful in shamayim. She freaked out and went to her rebbe. He said she shouldn't discuss it and try to ignore it. Shortly thereafter, her DH was at shacharis in shul and her baby was heard by neighbors crying non stop. They realized something was wrong and somehow gained access to her apartment. She was found unresponsive in her bed. She had a pulmonary embolism and passed away in her sleep. She was only 21 yrs old. This happened about 16 years ago and I'm freaked out of dreams ever since. I knew these two special women well.

SuperWify

Post Tue, Dec 05 2017, 6:33 pm
Funny you asked op.
My sub conscious never figured out I’m married by now and I never dream about DH Sad
Even though I do dream about my baby.
He takes it personally.

However, once (I think I was niddah) I dreamt we were together.

On a different note, even though I’m out of high school for a while I always dream I’m running after my school bus and it doesn’t see me. Very very frustrating. Maybe someone can explain....

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Dec 05 2017, 7:08 pm
SuperWify wrote:

On a different note, even though I’m out of high school for a while I always dream I’m running after my school bus and it doesn’t see me. Very very frustrating. Maybe someone can explain....

I still periodically dream about sitting for an exam I didn't study for, and I'm years out of school now!

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Dec 05 2017, 11:42 pm
I dream a lot about doing stuff with DH while niddah (both the dream is while I'm nidda and I dream it while I'm nidda). It's usually that he is the initiator, knowing that I'm nidda, but I let him, I don't fight it or protest because secretly I like it but I'm too "holy" to actually do anything.

FWIW, we've never broken hilchos niddah but it's a huge struggle. I guess that waht happens in my dream is what I secretly want should happen. Then again, I really wouldn't want dh to be oiver.

crust

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 12:00 am
SuperWify wrote:

Again. It's the feeling. Do you feel rushed? Do you feel like you never have time to catch your breath- or that you will not make it to the appointment on time etc.?

mandksima

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 2:48 am
amother wrote:
I recently learned that the bolded are anxiety dreams.
I've had similar dreams like that.
Showing up at school in my night shirt.
Waking up at the curb w a crazy hangover (I never drank more than a glass or two. And I don't ever get drunk just tired. And like you, the door to the bathroom opening while I'm sitting on the toilet. Or that im surfing amd am drowning. Then I'd wake up in a cold sweat....they are all anxiety dreams. Like crust says, the dreams where shtus. But the 'feeling' I was having at the time was real.
For example, as a teen, when I had a very burdening secret that I was afraid will come out into the public, I had dreamt of me showing up in school with my night shirt.
Or stuff like that. The 'feeling' of being exposed acted itself out in my dream of getting to school in my nighties.
I have had more than once that a few days after my dreams, ppl acted and did the exact same thing they did in my dreams. It was always somthing that wasnt something that typically happened.

Recently, my bil dreamt that he was in the supermarket and he saw a guy walking up and down the isle very upset, he asked the man if he can help him with something, the man answered that he's marrying off a child and drowning in debt. Bil told the guy to come to his office and he'll see what he can do for him.

THAT morning, he went to the supermarket, same guy as in his dream, he asked him the question he had asked him in his dream, amd the guy said the same thing.....

This story repeated itself 3 times throughout the years. Just recently was the 3rd time. Same guy, different places where he met him always the dream a day or so before it happened irl.
There must be someone in heaven looking out for that man.
My no-nonsense bil is totally freaked out.

Anon because ppl know about this story and I want to stay anon.

Wow, that is so amazing regarding your bil! I was told that someone in shamayim/an ancestor has be looking out for me or had special zechuyot when the interpreter said that I dreamed certain things. That freaked me out a bit.

Dreaming things three times is one of the main ways to know if your dream is true. My daughter did that but my dreams were never repeated exactly. If someone comes to you in a dream three times to tell you to do something then you should definitely pay attention!!

You inspired me to share my personal story:
I actually married my husband based on the feelings I felt in a dream I had with him. I was living single in Israel (all of our true dreams were dreamed here BTW) and after my fourth date with him, I already knew I really wanted to marry him. (By the first date already I had a clue but wanted to spend lots more time with him to see him in different settings.)

I was keeping a journal throughout dating and wrote down every night or throughout the day any feelings I had in order to work them out or be a learning lesson if it wouldn't work out and then I could use it during future shidduchim. I thought the journal would get filled up with experiences of dating different guys but BH it was for only him in the end!

After that fourth date, I woke up in the morning and wrote down my dream with him. It was very vivid and felt like I was really there. I dreamed we had just gotten married a few minutes before and we were in the yichud room together. We were just grinning wildly at each other and so excited. He sheepishly took out a gift box and handed it to me. It was a silver heart shaped locket on a chain. I thought it was very sweet and although it wasn't my style, I knew I would wear it because the look in his eyes professed so much love and adoration for me and I was so smitten with him. I could see from the way he looked at me how he would be such a good husband and BEH a good father someday. I woke up, wrote it down. Because I had felt all of those emotions in the dream, it was very real for me and I had no problem convincing myself it would be like that for real in our marriage so we continued dating and really talked about marriage from the next date.

Things were such a whirlwind and I totally forgot about the dream. I kept writing in my journal and even got to a second one as my first filled up. We got engaged, planned for the wedding for 3 months later and suddenly the time was there and we got married. Nothing jogged my memory until during the week of sheva brachot, I was in my old bedroom, looking through my things when I came across my journals. I thought it would be amusing to reread everything I wrote to see how far we'd come. When I got to the dream I had after the fourth date, I started shaking! I can't believe I didn't remember even an iota of that dream until rereading but at my real wedding, in the yichud room, my dh gave me a gift box with a silver heart shaped locket on a chain! The same look in his eyes!

I realized that it was total prophesy to make sure I married him but at the same time taken away from me so I wouldn't freak out at the wedding. I had such goosebumps! I also realized that had I not written it down immediately, I wouldn't have any record of it and I would have never known I dreamed something that came true exactly - a scene from the future! I think a lot of people must have dreams like that but we are able to forget the dreams especially if we don't consider them important. That was the first time a dream had real meaning for me but since then, I pay attention to what I dream.

Not so long ago, I dreamed something bad happened to me when I was with someone else who planned to visit and we went somewhere specific so when that person came, I was careful not to go to that place. Maybe that was overboard but I remembered the dream so well and was really freaked out by it so I took it as a warning. Better safe than sorry...

My mother and daughter both knew what I was naming my unborn child (two different times) because they told me they dreamed it. I didn't tell them they were right as it was still a secret but my dh and I had just picked out the names!!

mandksima

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 2:57 am
relish wrote:

I got into the habit of sending myself an email with my dreams so I would have it written down. I reread it sometimes and can't believe that I had forgotten most of them so if you want to have proof, write it down.

I can see not wanting the responsibility but there IS a reason you are sent them so...the choice is still yours, obviously.

SuperWify

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 5:42 am
crust wrote:
Again. It's the feeling. Do you feel rushed? Do you feel like you never have time to catch your breath- or that you will not make it to the appointment on time etc.?

Interesting.... I’m always rushing....

I find the story about your friend really freaky.

On a lighter note: my friends brother dreamed he was outside talking to his neighbors when a motorcycle drove by on his toes... then he ended up in the hospital.

The next day it happened.

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 6:55 am
When I was newlywed I would constantly dream that I was marrying someone else, and dh would always be somewhere in the background and I would be feeling torn between the guy I was supposed to be marrying and my true love (dh). 6 years later, I still vividly remember the emotions I felt in those dreams.
I once told dh and he was so weirded out...

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 7:16 am
I often dream that I am going through a house or landscape that I know (in the dream- usually have never been there in RL) and am trying to get back to where I came from, but it keeps changing and I can't find my way back. I keep finding new rooms or places that weren't there before.

Also, sometimes I re-have dreams, and fix what happened in them the second time around. So I will be somewhere and just know what will happen (sometimes I realize I an dreaming, sometimes not), so I do something different and get different results.

Tzutzie

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 7:26 am
amother wrote:
When I was newlywed I would constantly dream that I was marrying someone else, and dh would always be somewhere in the background and I would be feeling torn between the guy I was supposed to be marrying and my true love (dh). 6 years later, I still vividly remember the emotions I felt in those dreams.
I once told dh and he was so weirded out...

yes yes yes.
I remember in my drrams going home with a different guy and begging dh who was at the wedding to please take me home. It kept on happening. Yikes. One night he woke me up from my loud crying. And woke me asking me if everythink is om. cuz I was crying SO loudly in my sleep. I told him I was crying for him! So weird.

crust

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 7:36 am
amother wrote:
I am going through a house or landscape that I know (in the dream- usually have never been there in RL) and am trying to get back to where I came from, but it keeps changing and I can't find my way back. I keep finding new rooms or places that weren't there before.

Is it possible that you have hidden potential which you dont allow yourself to explore while you are awake? Or that you would like to venture into something different but are too afraid to?
Perhaps your subcincious is trying to tell you that you have 'unexplored landscapes' within yourself. For some reason you are too anxious to visit them.

amother wrote:

Also, sometimes I re-have dreams, and fix what happened in them the second time around. So I will be somewhere and just know what will happen (sometimes I realize I an dreaming, sometimes not), so I do something different and get different results.

If you are able to do something different or you are able to realize that you are dreaming then you are not fast asleep enough to let your subconcious take over.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 7:54 am
SuperWify wrote:
Interesting.... I’m always rushing....

I find the story about your friend really freaky.

On a lighter note: my friends brother dreamed he was outside talking to his neighbors when a motorcycle drove by on his toes... then he ended up in the hospital.

The next day it happened.

wow, a nightmare that came true Sad

unexpected

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 11:59 am
If you keep having dreams that your teeth are falling out, you should go to the dentist. A lot of tooth pain only happens at night when you finally relax and it can get woven into your dreams
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics