Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
What to give baby with diahrea?

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Dec 05 2017, 6:54 pm
Should I avoid milk? If so what should he drink? I googled and it sounds like water and juice are not good for diahrea.

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Dec 05 2017, 7:03 pm
how old is this baby?

queene

Post Tue, Dec 05 2017, 7:13 pm
Pedialyte. It has energy in it that would prevent dehydration and not worsen the diarrhea.

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Dec 05 2017, 7:22 pm
12 months

987gold

Post Tue, Dec 05 2017, 7:25 pm
Apple sauce. ..my kids hated pedialyte. its important that he drinks. You can give more soggy rice krispies in a bit of milk. I would. Brat diet...banana, rice , applesauce

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Dec 05 2017, 7:40 pm
Bananas, rice, applesauce, pedialite or tea and I think diluted apple juice is OK since apple juice contains pectin which binds the food in the stomach

pesek zman

Post Tue, Dec 05 2017, 7:50 pm
Definitely florastor. Mix into his bottle

tweety1

Post Tue, Dec 05 2017, 8:06 pm
pesek zman wrote:
Definitely florastor. Mix into his bottle

This!

Miri7

Post Tue, Dec 05 2017, 10:37 pm
Be sure to stay in touch with the pediatrician. You have to be careful with dehydration.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 1:35 am
Coca-Cola! The regular version (not zero or something similar). It should be in room temp and let the gas evaporate. Excellent, works every time!

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 5:38 am
Thanks for all your replies! I just looked up floraster, didn't research it yet, its safe and healthy to use? And I should add it to a milk bottle?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 8:45 am
I would not give milk or juice even if diluted. U can give camomile tea or decaf tea. The kosher companies carry it. Why not rice milk or soy milk. I wouldn't give soda. They also sell pedialite unflavored and you can give that it really tastes ok. Pedialyte has improved their taste a lot. Put some of their ice pops in freezer. Kids like it

unexpected

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 9:05 am
Pedialyte mixed with coke

pesek zman

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 9:06 am
amother wrote:
Thanks for all your replies! I just looked up floraster, didn't research it yet, its safe and healthy to use? And I should add it to a milk bottle?

It was recommended by Ped GI and yes I mixed with milk

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 12:33 pm
I'm responding for my own future reference Smile
The dr. said to take him off dairy in case its from lactose intolerance. She said to give soy milk or diluted juices and the probiotic is good also.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 5:26 pm
Btw my daughter was having diahrea for a while. And it was on and off for a couple of weeks. I kept thinking maybe now it's over. Till I thought she had a virus which is totally possible.

She's 3.5 yrs. till one day I was thinking what she's eating in school that she isn't at home and that was milk. I asked the school to stop giving her milk and after about a week her diahrea is gone. This thing kept happening over again and again from when she started school. Now I know she is intolerant to milk.

I do not give milk at home. No one in my family tolerate s it. It was easy to figure out. That's the reason why people cut out milk when there is diahrea. If they have a virus milk isn't good it can aggravate it. And if it's intolerance then it's not good either.

I unfortunately have so much experience with this. And many stomach problems in my family
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics