Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Ideas for sessions during Chanukah

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 1:04 pm
I’m a resource room teacher in a girls school. I see students one on one grades k-5. I’m looking for ideas of what to do for Chanukah activities. There’s 4 days of school during Chanukah and I like to make the sessions more enjoyable than usual. In the past I’ve brought coloring pages for the younger kids and word searches for the older ones but I was looking for some better ideas. I know this is the teachers forum but if anyone has any ideas that would work for 1:1 and for a variety of ages pls share!
Side point - while I can use ideas with food, one of my students had many allergies so would want to include her as well.

Edited to say some education is desired but not essential Very Happy it is Chanukah after all.

seeker

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 1:12 pm
If you have 4 days of resource room, then I'd say education is essential. Work some fun into it. Have a Chanukah game where they need to do educational tasks in order to get points or move forward. Play dreidel with a different educational task depending on which letter you get, with one letter being something silly instead. I would not take a whole week off of learning in favor of Chanukah fun. Bring some (non-allergenic) nosh and let them nosh while learning.

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 1:15 pm
seeker wrote:
If you have 4 days of resource room, then I'd say education is essential. Work some fun into it. Have a Chanukah game where they need to do educational tasks in order to get points or move forward. Play dreidel with a different educational task depending on which letter you get, with one letter being something silly instead. I would not take a whole week off of learning in favor of Chanukah fun. Bring some (non-allergenic) nosh and let them nosh while learning.

Thanks. Lol obviously I’m not taking off a whole week. We will be doing our regular work as well. Most students do not get 4 days I meant there are 4 days of school over Chanukah. But thanks for the idea.

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 1:17 pm
Side note - I didn’t ask for criticism. I’m just looking for ideas. Why on this site does everyone need to be so judgmental.

seeker

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 1:20 pm
I gave you about 3 different ideas, you're welcome to be as defensive as you want...

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 1:26 pm
seeker wrote:
I gave you about 3 different ideas, you're welcome to be as defensive as you want...

And I appreciate you taking the time to respond. Thanks.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics