Home

Lakewood offensive sign?
  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> In the News

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Bluesky 1









  


Post  Wed, Dec 06 2017, 11:38 am
So can someone tell me what was written on the sign?
Back to top

mommy9









  


Post  Wed, Dec 06 2017, 11:44 am
Stop multiplying
Back to top

Bluesky 1









  


Post  Wed, Dec 06 2017, 11:49 am
Oh my goodness!

It's so shocking to me. USA became such a sad place to live in.
Back to top

DrMom









  


Post  Wed, Dec 06 2017, 12:33 pm
What a loser, But I am not sure why he was arrested. Free speech and all.

Maybe he was just anti-math?


Picture resized
Back to top

flowerpower









  


Post  Wed, Dec 06 2017, 12:50 pm
His mom should've taken his advice before he was conceived.
Back to top

heidi









  


Post  Wed, Dec 06 2017, 12:52 pm
I am admittedly as far away from Lakewood politics as anyone can be, but can someone please explain? Was he actually arrested? On what grounds?
Back to top

Bluesky 1









  


Post  Wed, Dec 06 2017, 2:12 pm
deleted

Last edited by Bluesky 1 on Sun, Dec 10 2017, 2:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top

Bluesky 1









  


Post  Wed, Dec 06 2017, 2:15 pm
does anyone know if agudah would help with these types of issues?
Back to top

DrMom









  


Post  Wed, Dec 06 2017, 2:18 pm
Bluesky 1 wrote:
does anyone know if agudah would help with these types of issues?

What do you expect them to do? It's one jerk with a sign.
Back to top

mommyla









  


Post  Wed, Dec 06 2017, 2:42 pm
Bluesky 1 wrote:
Lakewood doesn't have specific politics. Jackson nj has a lot of antisemitic people and antisemitic mayor. Posting antisemitic stuff online.

Recently a lot of people bought houses in Jackson.

The antisemitism is skyrocketing. Not sure if it got worse in Lakewood or a result of that. Toms River is also suffering.

I was harassed in Lakewood by a woman in Walmart. While I was trying to take something from the shelf. I just walked away. I was yelled at for trying to take something. I was probably a little too close for her comfort.

It was clear she had nothing to say or it would be antisemitic. Or just hateful. Gotta be very careful next time.

Actually the store is in Howell neighboring Lakewood. All lakewooders shop there.

It's pretty obvious we're being hated here.

Politicians are not doing big nearly enough to bring it to a stop. Politicians here are worthless. They are just nice decoration and only do what bmg wants. If bmg doesn't say anything it's useless to ask for it.

So we're living with it unless bmg decides to change anything.


Lakewood doesn't have specific politics? Are you serious?

And what should BMG "decide" to change? They already control most of the aforementioned politics. Hence the hate. Not all of it is unwarranted, sadly.

I just try extra hard to be polite, considerate, and pleasant in Lakewood and out, and that's all we can do.
Back to top

Bluesky 1









  


Post  Wed, Dec 06 2017, 2:46 pm
Mommyla, I was just saying what I knew about the politics. Can you please pm me with what you mean?

What I ment by bmg was that they do nothing to lessen the hate. Politicians in Lakewood follow whatever the roshyeshiva says. If ry' says nothing they do nothing.
Back to top

watergirl









  


Post  Wed, Dec 06 2017, 3:01 pm
DrMom wrote:
What a loser, But I am not sure why he was arrested. Free speech and all.

Maybe he was just anti-math?


Picture resized

Free speech only gives someone the right to speak out against the government.

But I’m with you. Also not sure why he was arrested.
Back to top

SixOfWands









  


Post  Wed, Dec 06 2017, 3:10 pm
watergirl wrote:
Free speech only gives someone the right to speak out against the government.

But I’m with you. Also not sure why he was arrested.


What makes you think that he was arrested? I read that the police spoke to him. That's not an arrest. The police talk to a lot of people.

And free speech is not limited to anti-government speech.
Back to top

watergirl









  


Post  Wed, Dec 06 2017, 3:23 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
What makes you think that he was arrested? I read that the police spoke to him. That's not an arrest. The police talk to a lot of people.

And free speech is not limited to anti-government speech.

I dont know what happened, I was going by Dr. Mom, whose post I quoted.
Back to top

DrMom









  


Post  Wed, Dec 06 2017, 3:24 pm
I see now he was NOT arrested. The police merely spoke with him. That at least makes sense.
Back to top

Mommyg8









  


Post  Wed, Dec 06 2017, 3:55 pm
mommyla wrote:
Lakewood doesn't have specific politics? Are you serious?

And what should BMG "decide" to change? They already control most of the aforementioned politics. Hence the hate. Not all of it is unwarranted, sadly.

I just try extra hard to be polite, considerate, and pleasant in Lakewood and out, and that's all we can do.


What in the world does politics have to do with anti-semitism? And why is BMG to blame? You may disagree with BMG's political policies, that certainly does not give someone a reason to hold a sign that says "don't multiply".

Why do you think that BMG's policies are causing the hate? No, don't answer, that was a rhetorical question. If I disagreed with David Dinkin's policies, did that give me a right to riot and hate all blacks? I'm missing something.
Back to top

rikki 1









  


Post  Wed, Dec 06 2017, 4:14 pm
The Lakewood Scoop posted an article about this and they left out what the sign said. Kept moderating it. My imagination was going haywire- what could be so bad that they couldn't write it?!?!
Back to top

mommyla









  


Post  Wed, Dec 06 2017, 4:33 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
What in the world does politics have to do with anti-semitism? And why is BMG to blame? You may disagree with BMG's political policies, that certainly does not give someone a reason to hold a sign that says "don't multiply".

Why do you think that BMG's policies are causing the hate? No, don't answer, that was a rhetorical question. If I disagreed with David Dinkin's policies, did that give me a right to riot and hate all blacks? I'm missing something.


I didn't say that politics have anything to do with anti-Semitism. Bluesky1 seems to think that this has something to do with politics and that BMG has the power to stop it.

BMG's policies are not causing the "don't multiply" hate, but due to the fact that the town has so many corrupt frum politicians who "do whatever the roshei yeshiva say" (a misconception, btw), people tend to hate the Jews as a group.

I really don't want to get into Lakewood politics and/or BMG's control here. I know too much firsthand due to my job and the jobs of those close to me, but let's just say it's not pretty.
Back to top

imasoftov









  


Post  Wed, Dec 06 2017, 7:39 pm
rikki 1 wrote:
The Lakewood Scoop posted an article about this and they left out what the sign said. Kept moderating it. My imagination was going haywire- what could be so bad that they couldn't write it?!?!

multiplying could lead to mixed fractions
Back to top

FranticFrummie









  


Post  Wed, Dec 06 2017, 7:48 pm
imasoftov wrote:
multiplying could lead to mixed fractions


It sounds very divisive to me. On the plus side, we could work for equality. I don't want people to think I'm being negative.
Back to top
  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next Recent Topics

Page 1 of 14 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> In the News

Similar Topics Replies Last Post
Offensive Ad
by IndyMom
2 Sat, Dec 20 2008, 5:49 pm View last post
Was Netanyahu Offensive?
by abound
14 Fri, Jun 16 2017, 1:53 am View last post
Did I say something offensive?
by amother
10 Sun, Aug 16 2015, 1:01 pm View last post
Would this be very offensive?
by amother
27 Mon, Nov 17 2014, 5:43 pm View last post
[ Poll ] Gifted forum- offensive? One upmanship?
by Seraph
161 Sun, Dec 19 2010, 12:32 pm View last post

Jump to:  





Report offensive ad