Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Emailing Peeves: What are yours?
Previous  1  2  3

ggdm

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 2:58 pm
queene wrote:
When people start another discussion in a previous email thread that is only slightly related at first. It then gets less related to the subject line and a few emails later you can't understand why this email is under this subject! Then when you are skimming your emails to go back to it you don't even know which one it is that you need!
Please keep the body of the email related to the subject or start a new email!

Or people who don't put a subject at all! Or something like "hi"!

yersp

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 3:14 pm
Misspelled words!!!!

Is it that hard to run spellcheck?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 6:24 pm
shirachadasha wrote:
Change your settings

How do I do this? I recently installed the Google email app on my phone and I really dislike it because of the jumble.

singleagain

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 10:49 pm
Boca00 wrote:
I hate that it is very hard to follow email threads in Gmail. I have to go searching through old email threads to see which email was sent in response to what.

Do you have conversation view enabled?

On mobile go to your Gmail account's general settings and make sure conversation view is checked

I forget where it is on desktop version. But if you go into your settings, it should be in the general settings area.

And once you do it in one Gmail it should sync up over all your devices.

singleagain

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 10:51 pm
It hasn't happened to me in a professional setting bc I don't have many group emails. But in similar situations I've been group messaging and gotten skipped/ignored and that really bugs me. especially if someone else says something similar or the same

singleagain

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 10:55 pm
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:
Getting emails that say " please call me". Just either pick up the phone yourself and dial my number or just email me !!!

My mother is always busy at work and it's often better to email/text her, bc she isn't already able to speak. So maybe emailing a request for a call is trying to be respectful of your time ....

Also some ppl don't express themselves well on email, and prob feel more comfortable on the phone

Boca00

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 11:30 pm
singleagain wrote:
Do you have conversation view enabled?

On mobile go to your Gmail account's general settings and make sure conversation view is checked

I forget where it is on desktop version. But if you go into your settings, it should be in the general settings area.

And once you do it in one Gmail it should sync up over all your devices.

Thank you so much singleagain and shirachadasha! Will definitely check that out.

mom2six

Post Thu, Dec 07 2017, 2:46 am
I haven't read all the replies so this might be redundant, but these 2 things irk me:

1. When people forward chain emails and don't delete the history before forwarding. Sometimes I have to keep scrolling and scrolling until I find the actual message.

2. When people forward all kinds of nonsense about nonexistent viruses, free money just for forwarding, ghosts and witches attacking you if you don't forward, etc. without checking Snopes. Snopes exists for this purpose--use it.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette