Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
My baby hasn't pooped

mmesti

Post Thu, Dec 07 2017, 6:56 am
My 10 day old baby has pooped twice so far, both times at the hospital and zero since we got home. I took him to the pediatrician and she said it's normal. I'm breastfeeding him exclusively but again, is this actually normal?

unexpected

Post Thu, Dec 07 2017, 6:59 am
Yes. If he is very gassy and hasn't pooped it might be k'dai to go off dairy and see what happens. If he is not gassy (Ie no crazy rumbling in the belly, no smelly farting, not crying too much) then it is still fine

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Dec 07 2017, 7:13 am
Keep close eye for distressful behavior

mmesti

Post Thu, Dec 07 2017, 7:13 am
unexpected wrote:
Yes. If he is very gassy and hasn't pooped it might be k'dai to go off dairy and see what happens. If he is not gassy (Ie no crazy rumbling in the belly, no smelly farting, not crying too much) then it is still fine

He is VERY gassy but I really don't eat dairy. I guess all I want is to make sure there is nothing to worry about Rolling Eyes

lavenderchimes

Post Thu, Dec 07 2017, 8:26 am
Trust your pediatrician. Try to relax and rest❤️

unexpected

Post Thu, Dec 07 2017, 8:43 am
If he is nursing exclusively and not pooping, it is usually fine- but he should not be very gassy. Especially if the gas is smelly/ that could be sensitivity to dairy, even a tiny drop. If you don't have a lot anyway, why don't you try eliminating it altogether and see what happens?

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Dec 07 2017, 8:51 am
If he’s fussy, lay him on his stomach and massage his little tushy around and around in circles.
(On the outside of his behind obviously)

mmesti

Post Thu, Dec 07 2017, 8:52 am
unexpected wrote:
If he is nursing exclusively and not pooping, it is usually fine- but he should not be very gassy. Especially if the gas is smelly/ that could be sensitivity to dairy, even a tiny drop. If you don't have a lot anyway, why don't you try eliminating it altogether and see what happens?

I will. Thank you!!

little neshamala

Post Thu, Dec 07 2017, 10:37 am
I will never forget-when my son was a young infant (dont remember exactly how young. Maybe a month or so) he went over a week without pooping....pediatrician said its fine because hes exclusively breastfed...then a few more days passed and still nothing....I panicked and was told its fine-he had no symptoms, his belly was soft, no pain, etc....waited some more....I was so on edge
....finally on day 13 (!!!) BOOOOM what a poop explosion he pooped all day....and BH was just fine.

mmesti

Post Sat, Dec 09 2017, 11:06 pm
little neshamala wrote:
I will never forget-when my son was a young infant (dont remember exactly how young. Maybe a month or so) he went over a week without pooping....pediatrician said its fine because hes exclusively breastfed...then a few more days passed and still nothing....I panicked and was told its fine-he had no symptoms, his belly was soft, no pain, etc....waited some more....I was so on edge
....finally on day 13 (!!!) BOOOOM what a poop explosion he pooped all day....and BH was just fine.

It finally happened!! I took him to the pediatrician and she suggested x rays... She said he is clinically fine but just to make sure... anyway he pooped a lot today. I never thought I'd be so happy about poop lol Very Happy
Thanks for the advise everyone!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics