Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Pirkei Avos - any recommendations?

Motek

Post Fri, May 06 2005, 4:08 pm
We start the first chapter of Avos (Ethics of Our Fathers) this Shabbos. Anybody have a particular website they like? What about books?

I like "Beyond the Letter of the Law" by Yanki Tauber which has essays on various mishnayos that are based on the Lubavitcher Rebbe's teachings.

The Yalkut Me'Am Loez Pirkei Avos is comprehensive and good.

gryp

Post Mon, May 09 2005, 10:09 am
I always try to read "In the Paths of Our Fathers" which are small points about each mishna taken from sichos of the (L.) Rebbe. it really enlightens you as to what the mishna is really talking about beyond face value.

Motek

Post Fri, Apr 13 2007, 11:43 am
anybody else?

shanie5

Post Sun, Apr 15 2007, 1:02 am
I went to a shiur today and the speaker said that if you only get one pirkei avos sefer, get Rabbi Twerskis. So I think I will look into that one as I admire todays speaker.

TzenaRena

Post Sun, Apr 15 2007, 2:14 am
I like a variety of seforim on Pirkei Avos. One that I was looking at is "milsa d'chasidusa" by Rabbi Y. Green, a collection of biurim according to Chassidus.unless I'm mixing up the author, since I can't find the sefer.

There is also the one published by Kehos, 2 volumes of the Rebbe's biurim on Pirkei Avos.

Of course, there is the RamBam's commentary on Avos, and the other commentators on Mishna.

Pita

Post Mon, Dec 11 2017, 9:15 am
I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to ask the same question. Has anyone used the Koren Pirkei Avot?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics