Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Opening Amazon store and importing from China. Advice please

Strudel

Post Sun, Dec 10 2017, 4:39 pm
I'm trying to open an Amazon store specifically for sensory/ special needs toys. When I look at established online stores, it's obvious that much of their inventory originates from China. Other items I'm hoping to sell are from the US and it's straight forward dealing with these suppliers (no language barrier!)
Does anyone on here import from China? Any tips or advice on doing so? Do you order 100's of the same items at once? With the US, the items are a much higher value, and I can only bring over a few at a time. Is Amazon a good option, or is Ebay better?
Finally, I'm planning a FB page and simple website. Any ideas on how to maximise PPC? Or recommendations for someone you've used to build a website and generate traffic?

Boca00

Post Wed, Dec 13 2017, 7:22 pm
Hatzlacha!

Amazon is a much better place to sell on, as eBay is flooded with Chinese sellers, but it really doesn't hurt to list on both.

You can start with searching alibaba.com to find suppliers and check out their profiles and sales history and make sure they are a reliable company.

Order samples from a bunch of suppliers to compare. Then order from a company who does it well in the US to compare the samples to.

Don't complete payment until the item is ready to ship. Send someone to inspect the items before they ship.

If you have any more questions, feel free to PM me.

tigerwife

Post Wed, Dec 13 2017, 8:52 pm
If you are choosing one social media platform to market your products, I would choose Instagram over Facebook. Much simpler and more effective.

Good luck!

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Dec 14 2017, 12:22 pm
Is there any good tutorial on facebook and instagram sales?
I'm clueless about either one.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics