Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Recent info Staten Island

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Dec 13 2017, 2:05 pm
I know there are old threads, I just want to know the most up to date info. The most recent thing I know is that a lot of chassidim are moving in, but we're not chassidish.

I guess I want to know the usual moving questions. I want to know about the shuls, the schools, what people do if they decide to send their kids to school in Brooklyn. What types of chevra are there. What does a 3-4 bedroom house go for. Is there decent shopping or do most people go to Brooklyn. Anything else I should know but I'm not thinking of.

Oh, also, dh is skeptical. He thinks Staten Island is "not a real community". I'm not entirely sure what he means by that, but I want to convince him it's worth looking into. It is a good geographical compromise for various reasons, so I think we need to consider it.

Kumphort

Post Wed, Dec 13 2017, 7:41 pm
A lot of chassidish people are moving in. The face of the neighborhood has definitely changed. A lot of non chassidim have moved out as well

I agree with your husband about it not really being a community. There are people who live here and cheeses but not necessarily such a cohesive unit

There are a few Shuls. Again there has been a lot of recent turnover in shuls and minyanim.

There is one school RJJ which has a boys and girls division. It’s a nice school but small. Only one class per grade. People send in to Brooklyn which is more viable now because of all the chassidim. I am not sure of all the rules about the busses but there are tons of busses going to the chassidish/Heimish schools.

3-4 bedroom semis are going about 6. I just saw 3 houses being listed recently for about 595k but I think they need a lot of work

You can PM me if you have more specific questions and want more info

staten islander

Post Thu, Dec 14 2017, 10:41 am
There is also Jfs,which is coed,k to 8th,around 300 kids. I think that it's very much a community. Like anywhere, you have to have your chevra. Shopping- there is costco,target,trader Joe's all within a 10 minute drive. There is also a kosher supermarket, called Tasters express. I love living here,esp Shabbos. Kids have groups and we socialize with friends a lot

yoyof

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 9:06 pm
I just moved here and I need a ob gyn. is there anyone good that you used or know that people are happy with and are also comfortable to use the staten island hospital here. please give me some info. so I could decide if I should stick to mine in Brooklyn or change over here!

thank you
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating