Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Parking at Newark airport

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Dec 12 2017, 1:42 pm
I'm flying out of Newark with my kids. Does it make sense to park and leave my car at the airport for 4 days, or Uber there and back from Passaic?

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Dec 12 2017, 9:59 pm
Anyone?

monseymom25

Post Tue, Dec 12 2017, 10:11 pm
I have used value parking. It's an off site parking garage. You pull up and the park your car in their lot and they take you and your luggage to the airport departures drop off in their shuttle. When you get back you call them and their shuttle picks you up at arrivals and beings you to their lot where your car is waiting. It's a pleasure to use them. Google value parking Newark.

HeartyAppetite

Post Wed, Dec 13 2017, 1:38 am
We stayed in a hotel near the airport overnight, and parked the car on the streets near the hotel. Then we took the hotel shuttle to the airport. Maybe you could try to find a parking spot in a street near the airport.
And if it is near a hotel, maybe you could ask them permission to use their shuttle.

Adela

Post Wed, Dec 13 2017, 1:45 am
Checkout Spothero. I just used their site and parked near Newark for 4 days for $35 was totally worth it.
Enjoy and have a safe trip!

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Dec 13 2017, 6:47 am
When I drive past the airport, 2 parking services I see are WallyPark and The Parking Spot.

Post Wed, Dec 13 2017, 6:48 am
Groupon has specials on Newark Parking. DH uses them and is happy.

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Dec 13 2017, 6:46 pm
Thank you everyone. So, it sounds like all of you, vote for not ubering, and driving and parking at an offsite parking lot. How much time before my flight, should I allow to drop car off, and shuttle to airport with my kids and luggage? Thanx. Is it safe to go to the lot at night?

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Dec 13 2017, 7:24 pm
If you'll fit in a regular uber I vote for uber. Getting on and off the shuttles with kids is a pain. Uber can be less than $20 depending on the timing.

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Dec 14 2017, 7:47 am
Unfortunately we wouldn't fit in a regular Uber. Also, do you feel safe in Ubers? I would like it to be less stressful and go in an Uber, if safe, but am very tight making ends meet now, and so it's probably responsible to do what costs least. ??

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Dec 14 2017, 9:45 am
amother wrote:
Unfortunately we wouldn't fit in a regular Uber. Also, do you feel safe in Ubers? I would like it to be less stressful and go in an Uber, if safe, but am very tight making ends meet now, and so it's probably responsible to do what costs least. ??

I do feel safe in ubers. If anything I feel nervous in some of the parking lots and shuttles. I've had times where I'm the only one waiting it's a little creepy.
In terms of cost, once I'm spending a small fortune on airfare I'd rather spend a little more to be less stressed. I had such a hard time getting my kids and all my luggage to and from the shuttles.

monseymom25

Post Thu, Dec 14 2017, 11:25 am
I felt safe at value parking traveling alone with my with my 1 year old. It's well lit and there were a few people working there as well as another 2 travelers and a family. Plus you're not going into the lot. You go into their well lit office with windows and they take your car and park it. I was there early morning and about 930 pm. I would leave at least half an hour to check in your car and take their shuttle. That's playing it safe cuz its 5 minutes away.If u want to arrive at Newark 2 hrs before your flight u should get to the lot at least 2 and a half hrs before the flight.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries