Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Is Geico a trustworthy entity?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Dec 17 2017, 3:33 pm
I recently called for a car ins quote. They asked for my social. I asked for what purpose. Was told they do a soft credit check, it won't affect me. Today I got an email saying something about the check on my credit score.
They asked for my email. I said I don't want to be spammed. I was assured I will only be emailed one time, with a quote. Well, I keep receiving emails from them even after jumping through the hoops of "unsubscribe"ing.
I started thinking maybe Geico is a disreputable entity and I got caught in their net.

cm

Post Sun, Dec 17 2017, 3:39 pm
It's a real insurance company.

What did the email say about the credit check? Anything other than a soft inquiry? Are the emails related to your quote?

I don't have Geico myself, but did submit a claim once (the "other" driver had Geico). By insurance industry standards, they were easy to communicate with and paid well.

shanie5

Post Sun, Dec 17 2017, 6:32 pm
I've been a geico customer. Very good agency. Whenever I google car insurance info, I get loads of car insurance emails. From all different sources. Once any company gets your email address, you are gonna get regular sales emails from them. Cars, clothing, western union....it doesnt matter. Thats how the internet goes these days.

doctorima

Post Mon, Dec 18 2017, 11:20 am
They are definitely a well-established, legal, legit company. I believe the credit check is also standard. Like many companies, once you've shown an interest in them, they want to convince you to sign up for their services, hence the aggressive email campaign. They should honor your request to unsubscribe, but that it no way should make you worry that they're illegal, shady, etc.

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Dec 18 2017, 11:23 am
They're a major national insurance company. We use them for our car and home owners insurance and have only ever had good experiences.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Dec 18 2017, 11:35 am
Thank you ladies for your responses! I am happy to read they are legit.
Maybe I would switch over to them. I just purchased car insurance from Country-Wide last week. Think I can switch over to Geico so soon or must I wait six months?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics