Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
S/O Do you (not) view modern orthodox as part of orthodoxy?
Previous  1  2

mirror

Post Sat, Dec 23 2017, 7:24 pm
Hashkafah:

Chareidi and all Mainstream Orthodox: Hashem rewards you for every minute you learn Torah (or support someone learning Torah)

Modern Orthodox: It's good to learn Torah but it's equally important to earn a living

Conservadox: It doesn't matter if you learn Torah or not as long as you earn a living

Open Orthodox: It's important to twist Torah to suit your lifestyle, but don't spend any time actually studying it.

naturalmom5

Post Sat, Dec 23 2017, 7:45 pm
mirror wrote:
Hashkafah:

Chareidi and all Mainstream Orthodox: Hashem rewards you for every minute you learn Torah (or support someone learning Torah)

Modern Orthodox: It's good to learn Torah but it's equally important to earn a living

Conservadox: It doesn't matter if you learn Torah or not as long as you earn a living

Open Orthodox: It's important to twist Torah to suit your lifestyle, but don't spend any time actually studying it.

[removed]

Chana Miriam S

Post Sat, Dec 23 2017, 7:50 pm
Conservatox does not exist. The theologies do not mesh. There are people who are conservative and observant but they do not consider themselves orthodox. Conservative and orthodox are diametrically opposes because of the Torah mi Sinai problem. And it’s not true that learning isn’t valued. It’s just not what you think it should look like.

Purple2

Post Sat, Dec 23 2017, 7:53 pm
Naturalmom, please don’t cause other people to read motzai Shem ra on an entire community. It’s not attractive

naturalmom5

Post Sat, Dec 23 2017, 8:05 pm
camp wrote:
Naturalmom, please don’t cause other people to read motzai Shem ra on an entire community. It’s not attractive

Does this qualify as MSR

Just curious as you seem to know more than me

Mommyg8

Post Sat, Dec 23 2017, 8:18 pm
keym wrote:
Im going to throw something out there and im wondering if im right. I wonder if theres a difference in mentality betweenAmerican and Israeli RW posters. Some of my israeli relatives seem to have a very black and white mentality of only my derech is valid.
And the American counterparts seem a lot more accepting. Is this a cultural thing?

I have a good friend who says that even if she would get the opportunity to move to Israel, she wouldn't, for just this reason.

I think Americans are much more accepting, and I personally think that's a good thing.

InnerMe

Post Sat, Dec 23 2017, 8:31 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
Lakewood: It doesn't matter who you steal from, or what Chilul Hashem you make, as long as you are supporting your husband to learn Torah

I won't say anything to you naturalmom5. Unfortunately, any attempt would be fruitless.
Just a note to all the wonderful yiddishe women from Lakewood: Don't let one poster's judgmental beliefs get to you.

I've learned my lesson. The hard way.

Mommyg8

Post Sat, Dec 23 2017, 8:36 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
Lakewood: It doesn't matter who you steal from, or what Chilul Hashem you make, as long as you are supporting your husband to learn Torah

This is not loshon horah, this is motzei sheim ra, because it's not true.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics