Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Hugs for Preemies in Yerushalayim! Please join us.
Previous  1  2

Liba

Post Tue, Dec 05 2017, 4:10 pm
2GN wrote:
Oh, dunno why I thought it was only used till 3 months old. then ya, we should definitely get one. she also has to sleep on her side and on incline. I've been using the snuggleups that I brought home from the hospital but she's really outgrowing it plus its sooo washed out already. (and officially they don't want the babys to sleep in that @ home, but I said she's being monitored so its the same as being used in the hospital...)

Any sponsors in NY Wink ?

Officially, under six months old, the Zaky site says that the babies shouldn't sleep with them either. They say to take them out of the baby's bed when they fall asleep.

Those snuggleups look so great! By us they just had rolled up flannel blankets, nothing like that. It looks like the snuggleups probably give a lot of the same security that the Zakys do.

penguin

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 12:05 am
Quote:
And no, nothing is as good as a real person, but it is a much lower germ risk, doesn't get in the nurses and doctors ways and can be in the incubator with the baby when the baby isn't stable enough to be taken out.
It can't mainly be germs, otherwise they'd limit who comes more. As it is (at least where we live) even sibs can come hold babies, and that's plenty of germs. But only in presence of a parent. I suspect it's security or insurance issue, though why they can't figure out how to authorize s/o...

Anyhow kol hakavod to whoever invented this, and to you for working to provide them!

Liba

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 2:10 am
penguin wrote:
Quote:
And no, nothing is as good as a real person, but it is a much lower germ risk, doesn't get in the nurses and doctors ways and can be in the incubator with the baby when the baby isn't stable enough to be taken out.
It can't mainly be germs, otherwise they'd limit who comes more. As it is (at least where we live) even sibs can come hold babies, and that's plenty of germs. But only in presence of a parent. I suspect it's security or insurance issue, though why they can't figure out how to authorize s/o...

Anyhow kol hakavod to whoever invented this, and to you for working to provide them!

By us it is germs. Siblings over the age of 10 are each allowed to come in to see, not touch and not hold, the baby ONCE per hospitalization no matter how long the baby is in the NICU for. Just once.

Under 10 they aren't allowed in at all.

And no one but the baby's parents and grandparents are allowed in.

They couldn't limit it much more...

smileyfaces

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 2:29 am
penguin wrote:
Quote:

It’s most likely the germs. Like I posted previously, only parents are allowed to touch the baby and nurses/doctors use gloves. All parents and visitors need to scrub in (think scrubbing for surgery) before entering and put on gowns.
Germs are a huge issue for NICU babies especially since most of them are too small to fight the common cold.
Every hospital has their own rules about specific policy.

UnFarvosNischt

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 5:11 pm
This is so amazing! Kol Hakavod and have a lot of nachat from your sweet daughter!

Liba

Post Thu, Dec 07 2017, 5:54 am
UnFarvosNischt wrote:
This is so amazing! Kol Hakavod and have a lot of nachat from your sweet daughter!

Amen!!

Kol hakavod to everyone who came together to make this happen!!

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Dec 07 2017, 4:15 pm
Have you looked into finding a less expensive supplier?

I got my queen size weighted blanket, custom made, for under $100. They can't be so expensive to make.

Liba

Post Thu, Dec 07 2017, 5:35 pm
It is an interesting idea, but the design is copyrighted and not such a simple one to replicate. They are also extremely durable and very very washable, at high temperature, which is important since they need to be washed and dried between babies.

The set I have is 11 years old, purchased for my son when he was in the NICU and has been used for quite a few babies over the years. The fleece outer is still soft and it looks like new. The non pilling soft outside and soft seams are very important with delicate preemie skin. The weight is just right, the fingers can be adjusted, the filling is the right density and can be moved around to put more weight on the back or head of a larger baby and less or next to none for a tiny micro-preemie.

It is an idea, but at this point, not one I am ready to pursue. There are too many technical issues and too many thing that could make them not usable for it to be worth the risk.

Thanks!

Liba

Post Sun, Dec 10 2017, 6:56 am
We are be"H ordering tomorrow! If anyone wants to join in and hasn't yet, time is running out. Even small amounts can add up to help a tiny preemie. We have enough for about half of the babies in the NICU in Shaare Zedek right now, which is a huge start!! Heart Thank you!!

Liba

Post Sun, Dec 24 2017, 3:27 pm
We picked up two suitcases full of Zakys from Ben Gurion airport today!!

28 sets, 56 hands will be heading to Shaarei Zedek NICU as soon as the head nurse is back from her vacation and can do the in service on using and caring for them.

Applause

That is enough for about half of the babies in the NICU. A very respectable start. Everyone who shared or contributed to the campaign should be proud.

Anyone who still wants to join should know that we will continue collecting and helping babies as long as people still want to help. Heart

Smile1234

Post Sun, Dec 24 2017, 3:32 pm
Liba that is amazing!!! Tizku l'mitvos!! IYH you should be zoche to shefa brachos!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics