Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Pesach in Israel programs - Golden crown hotel or any sugges

amother
White

Post Mon, Dec 25 2017, 1:21 pm
Looking into a Tour Plus program at the Golden Crown hotel in Nazereth, Jezreel valley.
Has anyone been there?
Has anyone used Tour Plus before?
We looked at Edie's travel, but they are too expensive.
Looked at a program at Ramat Rachel- great price, but they don't have private sedarim available they won't let us do our own seder in the communal room and must follow their seder leader(that's not gonna happen).

Any other tour groups out there- we need a mehadrin/glatt hotel- no kitniyot. Half board during chol hamoed even better.

etky

Post Mon, Dec 25 2017, 2:33 pm
amother wrote:
Looking into a Tour Plus program at the Golden Crown hotel in Nazereth, Jezreel valley.
Has anyone been there?
Has anyone used Tour Plus before?
We looked at Edie's travel, but they are too expensive.
Looked at a program at Ramat Rachel- great price, but they don't have private sedarim available they won't let us do our own seder in the communal room and must follow their seder leader(that's not gonna happen).

Any other tour groups out there- we need a mehadrin/glatt hotel- no kitniyot. Half board during chol hamoed even better.

We've stayed at the Golden Crown twice - for short stays in the summer.
The last time was particularly memorable cause it was at the very end of Tzuk Eitan, in 2014 and there were only a handful of guests in the entire hotel since there was no foreign tourism because of the war. We were on half board and we were the only ones eating dinner that evening in the dining room! Basically they served dinner at out convenience and cooked the food to order. It was great, albeit a bit eery Confused
The hotel is lovely with a stupendous view from the public areas. The staff was very pleasant and accomodating. Rooms are rather large IIRC.
You should know that the hotel is located in Nazareth, the Arab city - not Upper Nazareth. It is located pretty much on the edge of the city so you don't have to travel through the entire town to get to the hotel. It's just a few minutes off the highway. The hotel houses a mosque as well as a shul. I think there is also a Christian chapel.
They have large conference facilities in the hotel and they are frequently utilized by companies and government ministries. I doubt though that over Pesach that will be an issue.
Nazareth is perfectly located smack in the middle of the lower Galilee, so day trips to any area in the north are possible using it as your base.

amother
White

Post Mon, Dec 25 2017, 2:54 pm
Thanks! This would be part of a Pesach group. Should I be more concerned about safety if we are doing touring. (I know there are crazies everywhere in the world but...)
Were the rooms ok- Some of the pics I saw online made them look old/worn down. Down need fancy, but still want fresh/clean.
Thanks!!

etky

Post Mon, Dec 25 2017, 3:17 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks! This would be part of a Pesach group. Should I be more concerned about safety if we are doing touring. (I know there are crazies everywhere in the world but...)
Were the rooms ok- Some of the pics I saw online made them look old/worn down. Down need fancy, but still want fresh/clean.
Thanks!!

I don't think I would be extra concerned about safety any more that I would be in other places in the country. Each place here in Israel has its 'issues' and its particular brand of crazies....
Nazareth is very tourist oriented and this is a hotel that is used to all types of groups, including frum groups that come for family simchas and other events.
We went there twice and I was not particularly anxious (which says a lot...).
I don't really remember the state of the rooms. It might be that the second time they were a bit more worn that the previous time - but that was three years ago. Maybe they've since been redone- or not. The hotel was clean as far as I remember. I do remember that the rooms (at least the ones that we were in) were more spacious than in most hotels.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions