Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Do breastfed babies pee less than formula fed babies?

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Dec 24 2017, 8:52 pm
I see my baby pees less when she breastfeeds than when she gets formula feedings. I suppose she eats enough as she empties me out and can go for quite a couple of hours between feedings.
I seem to remember my son being the same way and he was a real chubby baby (this one is petite though).

anyone?
TIA!

Last edited by amother on Mon, Jun 11 2018, 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

happy12

Post Sun, Dec 24 2017, 9:54 pm
Don't think they pee less but the definitely poop less.

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Dec 24 2017, 10:29 pm
happy12 wrote:
Don't think they pee less but the definitely poop less.

Really?!?! My little guy poops a looootttt and he is exclusively breastfeeding I don't want to know what his diapers would look like if he was formula feeding 🙈

simchah

Post Mon, Dec 25 2017, 3:52 am
no should be the same or more is she getting enough milk?

Soul on fire

Post Mon, Dec 25 2017, 8:46 pm
Breastfed babies shouldn't pee or poop less than formula fed babies. Does your baby do mixed feedings throughout the day or some days breast and some days bottle? How many wet diapers does she have regularly?

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 12:04 am
Soul on fire wrote:
Breastfed babies shouldn't pee or poop less than formula fed babies. Does your baby do mixed feedings throughout the day or some days breast and some days bottle? How many wet diapers does she have regularly?

she breastfeeds during the day and gets formula at night. I change her with each feeding she does pee just tiny amounts at a time and mixed with poop.

Last edited by amother on Mon, Jun 11 2018, 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

imamother153

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 12:19 am
If ur afraid about her wet diapers, increase ur water intake. Make sure u drink enough water throughout the day. They definitely poop less when breastfeeding.

Soul on fire

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 1:21 am
2GN wrote:
she breastfeeds during the day and gets formula at night. I change her with each feeding she does pee just tiny amounts at a time and mixed with poop.

How many wet and soiled diapers per day? The thing is with breatfeeding babies stop eating when they are full with bottles babies eat for as long as they are fed. So she is likely getting more formula when she gets a bottle than she is getting breast milk. If you’re concerned contact the pediatrician or an IBCLC. But if she poops and pees with every feeding sounds like she’s ok.

Iymnok

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 7:48 am
I EBF. My baby has a few dirty diapers at night. Since you supplement during the day, you are directly connecting the input with the output while it's normal to have uneven output. Meaning, even breastfeeding throughout the day and lots of diapers in the evening, and few in the morning. Similar with only formula.
Does your baby have a good total wet diapers for the day? How is she on weekends when you may only breastfeed?
They say 6-8 wet diapers a day, is that compatible with your experience?

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 9:14 am
Iymnok wrote:
I EBF. My baby has a few dirty diapers at night. Since you supplement during the day, you are directly connecting the input with the output while it's normal to have uneven output. Meaning, even breastfeeding throughout the day and lots of diapers in the evening, and few in the morning. Similar with only formula.
Does your baby have a good total wet diapers for the day? How is she on weekends when you may only breastfeed?
They say 6-8 wet diapers a day, is that compatible with your experience?

She has at least 6-8 wet diapers, but I find that it seems barely wet. the formula is always given at night including weekends (sometimes though its fortified expressed breast milk).s
I only see very full diapers if she's not changed in a while.

Last edited by amother on Mon, Jun 11 2018, 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 11:41 am
My opinion is it doesn't matter how much they nurse as long as they are getting enough fatty milk. For example. ..I am only pumping about 6 oz a day and I understand he needs 4 oz a feeding so need to supplement with formula. Baby is 3 months. When I nurse, he is fine for a while too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics