Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Baked Garlic Chicken Recipe
Previous  1  2

imasoftov

Post Wed, Dec 20 2017, 5:46 am
I searched for broccoli and found 5185 posts. Have at it.

watergirl

Post Fri, Dec 22 2017, 6:38 am
Rochelle1 wrote:
Squishy, thank you SO much for your very kind, polite and “helpful” suggestion. I’m sorry it doesn’t find favor with you, but a frum Jew is required to speak up to try to prevent another Jew from stumbling, and whether you like it or not, I will do what I feel is right. Have a great rest of Chanukah and please reconsider how you speak to others so that YOUR behavior remains as beyond reproach as the behavior you expect and demand from others,

The point that Squishy is trying to make, I believe, is that its not message board etiquette to bump up old threads. I know that its hard to read the poster’s intention when reading a printed message, so please know that I am saying this kindly. All posts have a date on them which indicates when it was posted. Old threads should not be bumped to the top. A better way to post your message would have been to start a new thread in the halachic discussions forum, quoting the original post of this thead, and then mentioning what your rav advised you to do.
Looking at the date is also helpful because while many members are long term, many come and go and the member who you are responding to is likely gone already.

cozyblanket

Post Fri, Dec 22 2017, 11:38 am
watergirl wrote:
The point that Squishy is trying to make, I believe, is that its not message board etiquette to bump up old threads. I know that its hard to read the poster’s intention when reading a printed message, so please know that I am saying this kindly. All posts have a date on them which indicates when it was posted. Old threads should not be bumped to the top. A better way to post your message would have been to start a new thread in the halachic discussions forum, quoting the original post of this thead, and then mentioning what your rav advised you to do.
Looking at the date is also helpful because while many members are long term, many come and go and the member who you are responding to is likely gone already.

Anyone can do a search for chicken recipes and find this thread! So a warning about bugs right here on this thread is a public service. Now we know to ask our rav the halacha where we live. Making a new thread would not solve that problem. As someone who wants to know about bug risks, I am happy she posted it.

Has Yael said anything about not bumping old threads? I see it done. Please explain the issue.

Post Fri, Dec 22 2017, 12:00 pm
cozyblanket wrote:
Anyone can do a search for chicken recipes and find this thread! So a warning about bugs right here on this thread is a public service. Now we know to ask our rav the halacha where we live. Making a new thread would not solve that problem. As someone who wants to know about bug risks, I am happy she posted it.

Has Yael said anything about not bumping old threads? I see it done. Please explain the issue.

The issue is she bumped up 20 divorce threads to promote her group. She would have to bump up how many thousand recipes that contain garlic to have her PSA when garlic is mentioned.

It is assumed that ALL members follow their rav on kasherush. Do we need PSA for every item of kashrush? Should we bump up all the old salad threads to have bug checking announcements on every salad? How about all recipes that contain eggs? Strawberries? Broccoli?

cozyblanket

Post Fri, Dec 22 2017, 12:21 pm
Squishy wrote:
The issue is she bumped up 20 divorce threads to promote her group. She would have to bump up how many thousand recipes that contain garlic to have her PSA when garlic is mentioned.

It is assumed that ALL members follow their rav on kasherush. Do we need PSA for every item of kashrush? Should we bump up all the old salad threads to have bug checking announcements on every salad? How about all recipes that contain eggs? Strawberries? Broccoli?

I don't know what you're talking about... divorce threads and a group? I just opened this to see a new chicken recipe! What does this have to do with a divorce group?

No, we do not need to bump every thread about broccoli or strawberries or romaine lettuce. But this one does talk about baking garlic with the peel on, so it's a little different.

Speaking of which, I have to go cook... I'm suddenly in the mood for garlic! Good shabbos!

shiaeisen

Post Mon, Dec 25 2017, 10:17 pm
Squishy, again I have to wonder what elicits such hostility and nastiness in you that you can’t even see how irrational your tone us. Please look into more productive ways to release your anger. Thank you.

shiaeisen

Post Mon, Dec 25 2017, 10:18 pm
Thank you, Cozy. I guess that since Squishy apparently doesn’t want to be bothered with Halacha, she assumes others don’t want to do the right thing either. Sad.

Post Mon, Dec 25 2017, 10:31 pm
Rochelle1 wrote:
Thank you, Cozy. I guess that since Squishy apparently doesn’t want to be bothered with Halacha, she assumes others don’t want to do the right thing either. Sad.

You are clueless and not very logical. You come on here and annoy the users by bombarding everyone by pulling up twenty divorce threads to promote your divorce group. You were warned about that. So you ignore protocol and pull up old recipe threads with a different message.

What makes you think I don't want to be bothered about halacha? That's a stupid conclusion. If you bothered to get to know the site before being pushy or got to know the ladies using the site, you would find that your information would be open for discussion but not by pulling up old threads and tacking it on.

Ironically, I am usually the one defending posters like you.

seeker

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 12:07 am
Personally, I consider it friendly when someone shares information like this. Of course it could be that my rav holds differently, but it could also be that it never occurred to me to ask, especially if all of my/my mother's/my friends'/my rebbetzin's recipes always happened to not call for unpeeled garlic in the first place. So now I know to ask.

I'm assuming she wasn't searching for garlic threads to bump, she was probably searching for recipes to cook and felt this would be a helpful tidbit to share in this context. There are not many recipes, other than whole roasted garlic, that call for unpeeled garlic.

BTW, I often use old recipes found by using the imamother search function for my ingredients/needs. It's a treasure trove.

shiaeisen

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 9:34 pm
Squishy wrote:
You are clueless and not very logical. You come on here and annoy the users by bombarding everyone by pulling up twenty divorce threads to promote your divorce group. You were warned about that. So you ignore protocol and pull up old recipe threads with a different message.

What makes you think I don't want to be bothered about halacha? That's a stupid conclusion. If you bothered to get to know the site before being pushy or got to know the ladies using the site, you would find that your information would be open for discussion but not by pulling up old threads and tacking it on.

Ironically, I am usually the one defending posters like you.

Again, one has to wonder, where does all this hostility and nastiness emanate from? In one post, you conclude that I’m clueless, illogical and stupid. If so, then I have a right to conclude that your extreme and inappropriate reaction to what I posted in an effort to help others avoid stumbling (which is a halachic requirement, whether you approve or not) can only mean that your own guilt at not following Halacha properly, is causing your “blame the messenger” mentality.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey