Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Need ideas to fill 3 hours of cleaning help
Previous  1  2

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 5:46 pm
amother wrote:
This whole concept of having a cleaning lady do food prep is completely new to me. How does it work? I give her the recipe and show her where the ingredients are? And it’s okay to freeze raw lasagna, meatballs etc?

You should ask the agency if that’s a job that this cleaning lady does. You did hire through them for someone to clean your place.

SuperWify

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 6:09 pm
Op if by any chance you are in Lakewood I will seriously take an hour or two off of you!

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 6:26 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Do one thing a week.

One week give her the meatball filling recipe along with ground meat, breadcrumbs, eggs and spices.
If giving her the recipe is hard for her due to language barrier just leave her a package of ground meat, measure out the breadcrumbs yourself, and leave as many eggs as needed. Let her spice herself. And just show her to mix it all up in a bowl, form meatballs, then lay on a cookie sheet so they freeze not sticking together. Once frozen your dh can drop them all together in a Ziploc bag. At that point they won't smush together anymore.

For chicken just have her trim and wash the legs and lay in pans so they're ready to bake after you throw a store bought sauce over.

For cutlets, leave her a package of chicken breasts, mayo and a package of seasoned corn flake crumbs. Show her to slice the chicken, smear with mayo, dredge in cornflake crumbs and then stack up the chicken with pieces of parchment paper in between so they don't stick. Put the stack in a Ziploc bag and freeze.

You can also have her mix up dairy filling and stuff raw manicotti pasta. You can bake it fresh or put in the freezer for later.

Same for layering lasagna. You can freeze it raw or already baked. If freezing raw, you won't need as much liquid when baking.

You have been so helpful, thank you so much for taking the time.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 7:00 pm
Good luck! Smile

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 7:23 pm
BTW- Barilla brand makes oven ready lasagna sheets. Just have your cleaning lady mix the filling, layer, and freeze.
Add an extra 1/2 hr baking time.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, Dec 27 2017, 6:19 am
Get her to start to prepare for Pesach (cupboards etc) You will not regret it.

mfb

Post Wed, Dec 27 2017, 9:41 am
U can also have her chop up lots of veggies for a good vegetable soup that can be cooked and frozen in small containers

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Dec 27 2017, 10:06 am
amother wrote:
You should ask the agency if that’s a job that this cleaning lady does. You did hire through them for someone to clean your place.

This. I don’t know if all cleaning ladies are ok with cooking and food prep.

Miri7

Post Wed, Dec 27 2017, 12:44 pm
With a first baby coming you may also want to think about clearing out closets, organizing and making room. She could help you organize summer clothes and winter clothes.

I was due during Pesach one year and had help - I sat in a chair and directed her in all sorts of things.

I’d have her organize everything - closets, bathroom, cabinets.

Stocking the freezer is a great idea. You’ll be so glad you did it once baby comes.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics