Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Looking for a Jewish cleaning lady
Previous  1  2

ces

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 2:41 pm
DrMom wrote:
Why do you pay Jews more than non-Jews? Do they have extra kitchen responsibilities that you wouldn't assign to non-Jews due to kashrut concerns?

Simple economics. If she is specifically looking for a Jewish cleaning lady, she's indicated there is a difference she cares about. She's indicated some of that difference is because of who her children talk to. It might be reasonable to speculate that others feel more comfortable around a Jewish lady because they feel they can trust them more. It might be easier because they get the hang of how things are done faster since their own houses are run more similarly. Or there may be other reasons. Whatever those reasons are, the market for Jewish cleaning women is very tight since there are very few Jewish women who do such work in the Lakewood community. Therefore the laws of supply and demand will allow for a higher price to be paid for something which is a less available commodity

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 3:00 pm
Is there a high demand for frum personal organizers/housekeepers in Lakewood? I understand there's always a need for someone to come in to help with the deep cleaning, but I'm asking about women who also put organization systems in place for the family and give ongoing training in how to maintain those systems...are such women in high demand, and what is the going rate?

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 3:01 pm
amother wrote:
Is there a high demand for frum personal organizers/housekeepers in Lakewood? I understand there's always a need for someone to come in to help with the deep cleaning, but I'm asking about women who also put organization systems in place for the family and give ongoing training in how to maintain those systems...are such women in high demand, and what is the going rate?

$100 an hour.

ces

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 3:01 pm
amother wrote:

I don't know about the demand or the going rate, but there is plenty of supply of personal organizers

greenfire

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 3:45 pm
ces wrote:
Simple economics. If she is specifically looking for a Jewish cleaning lady, she's indicated there is a difference she cares about. She's indicated some of that difference is because of who her children talk to. It might be reasonable to speculate that others feel more comfortable around a Jewish lady because they feel they can trust them more. It might be easier because they get the hang of how things are done faster since their own houses are run more similarly. Or there may be other reasons. Whatever those reasons are, the market for Jewish cleaning women is very tight since there are very few Jewish women who do such work in the Lakewood community. Therefore the laws of supply and demand will allow for a higher price to be paid for something which is a less available commodity

you can have a jewish cleaning lady who curses like a banshee around the kids ... you can have a non-jew who reminds the kids to say a brocha on their food ...

just sayin'~

ces

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 3:47 pm
greenfire wrote:
you can have a jewish cleaning lady who curses like a banshee around the kids ... you can have a non-jew who reminds the kids to say a brocha on their food ...

just sayin'~

Entirely true. And the same goes for the trustworthiness. That doesn't change the fact that there is a reason, tangible or otherwise, that this woman wants a Jewish cleaning lady, and she needs to realize that she is looking in a limited market, therefore prices will be higher than in the wider market for a cleaning lady.

Cookie Monster

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 4:34 pm
greenfire wrote:

just sayin'~

Missed ya..Greenie!!!

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 8:15 pm
Shoshana37 wrote:
Thank you, wow they want a lot of money.

how much do they charge?

chocolatecake

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 11:25 pm
Shoshana37 wrote:
How can I get a cleaning lady for every other Friday. Is there a phone number for agency in Brooklyn Flatbush area.
I had cleaning help but they don’t always come on Friday they rather go to people who call them few times a week. I can’t afford that

There is always ads for an agency labor to the rescue in the torah times. They have cleaners and charge 12 an hr and 5 for transportation. They only.come for a minimum of 5 hours. Call a day before to schedule.

imasoftov

Post Wed, Dec 27 2017, 3:04 am
greenfire wrote:
you can have a jewish cleaning lady who curses like a banshee around the kids ...

At least she doesn't scream like a sailor ...

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Dec 27 2017, 9:49 am
ces wrote:
Entirely true. And the same goes for the trustworthiness. That doesn't change the fact that there is a reason, tangible or otherwise, that this woman wants a Jewish cleaning lady, and she needs to realize that she is looking in a limited market, therefore prices will be higher than in the wider market for a cleaning lady.

Why a Jewish lady is better,
They are nicer, honest. Care about other people not only themselves. They know the Jewish laws, and they don't think your laws are crazy. You can trust them in the house themselves from the halachah perspective. No need to worry they will treif up your kitchen when not there.
Benefits of non Jew: you can have her until the zman erev Shabbos, they can come on Yom tov.

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Dec 27 2017, 10:06 am
amother wrote:
Why a Jewish lady is better,
They are nicer, honest. Care about other people not only themselves. They know the Jewish laws, and they don't think your laws are crazy. You can trust them in the house themselves from the halachah perspective. No need to worry they will treif up your kitchen when not there.
Benefits of non Jew: you can have her until the zman erev Shabbos, they can come on Yom tov.

Your comments are really offensive.

My cleaning lady is a doll. As honest as they come. She’s stricter with jewish laws then my husband. She cares a lot about people, not just herself.

Don’t be such a hater. It’s unbecoming.

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Dec 27 2017, 10:10 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
Your comments are really offensive.

My cleaning lady is a doll. As honest as they come. She’s stricter with jewish laws then my husband. She cares a lot about people, not just herself.

Don’t be such a hater. It’s unbecoming.

That's my experience with people. I see it all the time with therapists. My daughter is autistic has lots of therapy. You just can't compare a Jewish person to one that's not. That's in general. I'm sure there are exceptions to the rule.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Dec 27 2017, 1:43 pm
crust wrote:
paying for this is $15 an hour plus transportation. This excludes washing floors or toilets.
$20 an hour is regular.

shock shock shock shock shock shock shock
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics